Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    My question is how do unis see gcses?

    For example if a gcse is made up of coursework and exams would the uni see the overall grade or the overall grade AND the grade for the mixture of coursework and exams

    any advice would be appreciated

    Universities look only at the overall grade for GCSE. For level 3 qualifications they might look at different modules etc. To be honest as long as you meet the minimum requirements for GCSE (and many of them don't have any at all) that's as far as it goes in relation to GCSEs. They're far more interested in your level 3 qualifications.
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.