How do i learn a spanish essay?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I have to learn a 240 word essay for a Spanish exam on Tuesday - this is worth 15% of my final grade. I don't understand how I can learn it and I only have 2 days left until the exam. I know 2/5 paragraphs so far. Any advice? Please help

ReputationRep:
    Ah throwback to the GCSE days, I always just kept writing it out and covering it while writing it out.

ReputationRep:
    Record yourself while saying it and then keep replaying it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Ah throwback to the GCSE days, I always just kept writing it out and covering it while writing it out.
    That's what I have been doing! I guess I'm just going have to keep on doing it until it clicks - thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomeyz_01)
    Record yourself while saying it and then keep replaying it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you I will try it

ReputationRep:
    It's good to know it word perfectly, but it's better to understand the stock phrases, and have them at your fingertips for applying in the specific context. Otherwise you'll end up writing a word-perfect essay that doesn't answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madi_May)
    I have to learn a 240 word essay for a Spanish exam on Tuesday - this is worth 15% of my final grade. I don't understand how I can learn it and I only have 2 days left until the exam. I know 2/5 paragraphs so far. Any advice? Please help
    Take it a sentence at a time. Read over it, write it and say it until you know it off by heart. When I was in Year 11, people in my class also used to record themselves saying it and then listen to it on repeat and said that helped

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madi_May)
    Last year I literally just memoried my spanish essays and then repeated them! The only way you can learn them is by writing them and learning it line by line, with repitition.
    Best of luck!x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Are you doing writing or speaking? I always used to get really nervous for speaking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trabajadora)
    Take it a sentence at a time. Read over it, write it and say it until you know it off by heart. When I was in Year 11, people in my class also used to record themselves saying it and then listen to it on repeat and said that helped

Good luck!
    Ha ha love your username!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Ha ha love your username!
    Thank you!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.