Herbal Tea

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone like this stuff? I just tried some peppermint tea and had to pour it out. It was so bad Granted, it was 75p for 20 bags from Tesco so it was never going to be great, but I figured it would be the easiest to like. I like the idea of a nice refreshing tea, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I like licorice tea a lot. However, too much can cause blood pressure problems.

Twinings do a really nice chai tea if you like cinnamon/cloves type spices.

Last time I was in the UK, I got some PGtips raspberry green tea which is really good. Needs 1 tsp sugar to really bring out the flavor but I highly recommend it for "a nice refreshing tea".

ReputationRep:
    peppermint is kind of dead... try white tea or green tea (on its own or mixed with passion fruit or lemon)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    peppermint is kind of dead... try white tea or green tea (on its own or mixed with passion fruit or lemon)
    White and green teas can be really good. I quite like them with a little honey. Be careful not to boil the water fully though as it destroys the taste somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Does anyone like this stuff? I just tried some peppermint tea and had to pour it out. It was so bad Granted, it was 75p for 20 bags from Tesco so it was never going to be great, but I figured it would be the easiest to like. I like the idea of a nice refreshing tea, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?
    chamomile tea is one of the finest things to have twinings do a spiced apple one and did do (they might still) a maple one but other than that I have tried lavender which is strong but nice and damania which is a great pain reliver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    twinings do a spiced apple one and did do (they might still) a maple one
    Does maple tea actually taste of maple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I think you should fully boil the kettle, Sabertooth, just wait for it to cool down after. My dad likes lemon with his tea. I wouldn't recommend own brand tesco herbal teas, but with a bit of sugar or honey, it should be okay.

I does have quite a special taste to it though, be warned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I think you should fully boil the kettle, Sabertooth, just wait for it to cool down after. My dad likes lemon with his tea. I wouldn't recommend own brand tesco herbal teas, but with a bit of sugar or honey, it should be okay.

I'm not the OP, John.

I love tea, I have a whole cupboard devoted to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    My dad likes lemon with his tea. I wouldn't recommend own brand tesco herbal teas, but with a bit of sugar or honey, it should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    well I'd say so as it taste like the good Canadian stuff

ReputationRep:
    You could be psyching yourself out by expecting them to taste like 'tea' when most of them are pretty insipid (some might say subtle)

I like redbush, can't say I'm bothered about any other herbal teas.

Chai is nice but I think it's technically normal tea with 'extras'

ReputationRep:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.