Stretching hair bands Watch

hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Is it possible to stretch the plastic alice bands, cos my new one is so tight, its painful? Most alice bands i have had in the past have been ok but this one really hurts to wear, is there anyway i can stretch it without breaking it or do i just have to wear it and put up with it hurting til it relaxes a bit through wear?
unfinished sympathy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
Is it possible to stretch the plastic alice bands, cos my new one is so tight, its painful? Most alice bands i have had in the past have been ok but this one really hurts to wear, is there anyway i can stretch it without breaking it or do i just have to wear it and put up with it hurting til it relaxes a bit through wear?
wear it aaround your wrist to stretch it a bit
bunthulhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
Do you know what an alice band is?

OP, I've had this problem before, I never really knew what to do so I'd just sit there and pull it a bit
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
:dito: do you know what an alice band is?
It is too big to wear around my wrist and it would get in the way.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bunthulhu)
Do you know what an alice band is?

OP, I've had this problem before, I never really knew what to do so I'd just sit there and pull it a bit
apparently not :p: *googles it* ohhh head bands :p: if they hurt your head they tend to do so forever, sorry :p:
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you just have to put up with it for a while.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
youre right actually though sometimes they do hurt, careful sometimes is theyre too tight they can give ou a headache
. sav .
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah i've often got headaches from mine if i'm not used to them. if i wear it a lot your head gets used to it lol, otherwise, i've always kinda left mine slightly open stretched over a pillow or something bulky. Maybe if you've got one of those like,, makeup/hair play heads you used to have as a kid, put it on that!
emmmerlee
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
be careful if you're gonna stretch it..one day i went to put one of mine on and it broke and i barely pulled on it at all

also, what is with the bands that have the little teeth in them?!! they're the most common type (here anyway) yet they hurt like hell! and they'll ruin your hair if you've got it up..and owww do they dig! i just can't understand why they'd be the more common type or maybe it's my own problem haha..i only buy the material ones without teeth which can be limiting sometimes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.91%
No (440)
73.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise