Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just started doing my a levels and was just looking for some advice as im unsure if i am on the right track as to how to get to my dream career. I am convinced that i would like to become a pediatrician but was stuck between choosing law as well in case i changed my mind. The a levels i am currently studying are chemistry, biology and history because they were the ones i seemed to be good at in gcse and the ones that interested me the most. Basically all i would like to know is what course i would have to take at uni live because theres so much and where would be a good place to do it i live around london if that changes anything.

ReputationRep:
    So if you're thinking of becoming a paediatrician, you'd need to start by studying medicine which is 5/6 years. Your A-Level choices are good for medicine, but are you studying a 4th AS-Level too? It doesn't really matter where you go for medicine, as you'll still be a doctor at the end of it, so don't worry about getting into a London uni.*
    AFAIK, law courses will take people with a range of subjects, you don't necessarily need law at A-Level to have a chance. *

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.