The 100% Accurate Lie Detector Watch

moves-my-world
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have recently been using a perfect test on how to tell if my friends are lying. Believe me it works, I even used it to correctly predict that my friend had a Q 7 in a game of poker.

What to do:

Just casully start talking to them about a random topic, say oranges, just to keep them relaxed. Then move in closer and ask them "what did you have for breakfast?" NOW WATCH THE EYES. They will either move to the left or the right, make a note of which way they go. Then ask them the question you want to know if they're lying about "did you sleep with my boyfriend and dad?" Then watch the eyes again. Which side did they go to?

Possible Outcomes:

If the eyes go to the same side both times: Telling the Truth

If the eyes go different ways: Lying n00b

Why?

When being asked a question the brain either consults the Memory bank or the Creative bank. This is shown by which way the eyes move. Normally if they go to the left (looking at the person) its the Memory side. But its always better to ask the question before hand just to confirm it.

Try it out, see if it works. And post back results.

As mentioned before my best one was using it to get the Poker hand and dodge out of a pot I was heavily comitted into

Note: If your friend is a chronic lier it may not work. Or if they are embarrased about what they had for breakfast.
yellow96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I find a gun in the face works equally well in getting the truth out of someone, but I'll give that a try.
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, I knew all that anyway, thus I could consciously fool someone into thinking I was lying/telling the truth, if they were being sad enough to judge what I was saying by the way my eyes go. So it's not 100% accurate. In fact, it's remarkably easily fooled if you're good at pyschology.
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought the eyes went up when recalling something and to either side when making something up.
Captain Bravo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll be sure to close my eyes when you ask me a question. :]
aeiou81
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I knew all that already and I know which way my eyes go, so whenever anybody asks me a question, regardless of whether I'm about to lie or not I have got into the habit of making them go the same way
PJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
.....or you could just try to befriend people who are honest.
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by moves-my-world)
Note: If your friend is a chronic lier it may not work. Or if they are embarrased about what they had for breakfast.
That's mee
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have a friend who closes his eyes whenever he requires the slightest concentration, so that'd be difficult.
Cool Cat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
That's mee
hahaha

liar, liar pants on firee
Cool Cat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Curses, you beat me to it. What if you're talking to a man ("or woman", must be PC these days, y'know. *is not quoting Monty Python for the hell of it*) who has No Eyes.
no eye-dea (idea-geddit? )

X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads