Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, got a new car,

Ok, now.. your not allowed to laugh.. Its a Ford Ka Collection.. lol.. ok laugh.. I know you want to.

Yeah, it's a girl's car (hope I dont get flamed for this).. lol

Thought I would post some piccies of it... all manly n stuff..

http:\\www.neox7.com/car/01.JPG

http:\\www.neox7.com/car/02.JPG

tell me what you think,

Actually looks a little different to that now... I will post some pics later..

ReputationRep:
    It's cute. (In a manly way of course)

I like KA's without black bumpers.

ReputationRep:
    Looks nice i think.

I do reckon the Ka looks a bit girly, but saying that i do like them, dunno if id drive one myself, but still.

They look like frogs, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a 1.2 Renault Clio before. It was a bit crappy... so this is quite an upgrade, especially since it is more than 3 years newer than my previous and less than a third of the miles..

http://www.neox7.com/car/03.JPG

ReputationRep:
    what are the two blue things in the front grille?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I thought someone might ask... well.. Ive had the car a week... and you could say... I have had the entire car apart and put back together again.. lol.. I like playing with things..

The two blue things are 12v 8mm chrome bezel LED's. They are running in parralel with a switch in the cockpit, which also controls four ornage LED's mouted behind the air vents. There is then another switch down by the gear shift that controls two cold cathode tubes under the seats.

Yeah.. next comes the tinted windows, alloys and exhaust system...

Also, other mods...

Xenon Lights
    Clear Side repeater covers (not in pic) with chrome effect one way bulbs (so you cant see manky orange through them)..
    Chrome grill, instead of the crappy black plastic one, its a Lockwood production with manufactured 8mm holes.
    Internal cabin map reading light is blue.
    The next mod is the speakers. I am mounting orange LED's behind them which will pulse to the music..

ReputationRep:
    How much did that cost you? ~£3000? I woulda bought a Mk4 Golf personally.

Also, what are you trying to achieve will all those mods? You're just gonna end up looking like a chav. I mean who puts an aftermarket exhaust on a Ka? :s:

Just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XeonXR6)
    Xenon Lights
    Are those the ones that make the headlights brighter?
    I hate them =/ All the boy racers have them, and blind everyone on the roads

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I thought someone might ask... well.. Ive had the car a week... and you could say... I have had the entire car apart and put back together again.. lol.. I like playing with things..

The two blue things are 12v 8mm chrome bezel LED's. They are running in parralel with a switch in the cockpit, which also controls four ornage LED's mouted behind the air vents. There is then another switch down by the gear shift that controls two cold cathode tubes under the seats.

Yeah.. next comes the tinted windows, alloys and exhaust system...

Also, other mods...

Xenon Lights
    Clear Side repeater covers (not in pic) with chrome effect one way bulbs (so you cant see manky orange through them)..
    Chrome grill, instead of the crappy black plastic one, its a Lockwood production with manufactured 8mm holes.
    Internal cabin map reading light is blue.
    The next mod is the speakers. I am mounting orange LED's behind them which will pulse to the music..
    Careful with the led's, technically it's illegal to have blue lights on the front of the car - some coppers could be arsey about it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olyy)
    Are those the ones that make the headlights brighter?
    I hate them =/ All the boy racers have them, and blind everyone on the roads
    Yes, but alot of higher spec new cars now have them as standard or options. HID lights are usually very noticeable on newer Mercs, to give an example

Not sure about owning a KA myself, but I learnt to drive in one for a while and quite liked the handling.. Presummably the Clio was just the original 1.2, if it was a bigger engine or the 16v, i'd have thought it would have been faster than the KA?

ReputationRep:
    Don't mod it too much, it will just become a chavmobile that you can't sell.

ReputationRep:
    This being my second car, I am not looking to sell it on any time soon.

The car:

2004 54 plate Ford Ka Collection 1.3i

16,500 miles on the clock; in near mint condition.

Price: £3,200

Now, you have to compare that to my last car,

2001 Y plate Renault Clio Grande 1.2 8v

Sold the car with 35,000 miles on the clock, in acceptable condition

Sold for £2,550

Now thats a good deal.

Anything I do to a car can always be taken out/off. I will never do something to a car that will devalue it. Anything I do, is just to personalize it. I am not installing a sound system this time. My last one got the car broken into and everything nicked.

and yeah, I know the lights are illegal, I have a big blue button in my cars dash, that turns them all on and off. They are just for show.

ReputationRep:
    We had a Ka courtesy car once, and it was really nippy and fun to drive... but I'd never buy one for myself - I think Kas look like tumours.

Just out of interest, sorry to be nosey, how much did you pay for insurance on a 1.3?

ReputationRep:

and yeah, I know the lights are illegal, I have a big blue button in my cars dash, that turns them all on and off. They are just for show.
    Sorted then 'lights? what lights?!' hehe

ReputationRep:
    I never understood the lights thing.
    What purpose do they serve?

Everything I do to my car is for a functional purpose. Its your car to do what you like with at the end of the day, but i just see it as more weight.

-Grumpy of Sutton C.

ReputationRep:
    I had a Ka Collection as my second car, the only thing I did to it was to have a rear spoiler put on it, I think it just made the shape of the car a little better

Then it got written off

ReputationRep:
    for the nosey gits, lol, i paid £650 for my insurence.. with the post office..

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.