Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am currently doing a access course and plan to apply for adult nursing at magee.
    Please xan someone give ne some advice on what voluntary work i should do?
    I have no experience in caring and i need to do some voluntary for my ps and interview.
    Ive called to a voluntarily org who gave me a list. Can anyone plz advise what would be the best for different examples? Thank you 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty6020)
    Hi. I am currently doing a access course and plan to apply for adult nursing at magee.
    Please xan someone give ne some advice on what voluntary work i should do?
    I have no experience in caring and i need to do some voluntary for my ps and interview.
    Ive called to a voluntarily org who gave me a list. Can anyone plz advise what would be the best for different examples? Thank you 😄
    Personally i think you should volunteer in a care home and/or a hospice, it definitely demonstrates that you want to be a nurse and shows you care about older people and those in need. Maybe you should also volunteer at a children's ward in a hospital or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks anon, i will look into older care in the area. Not sure tho if i can help out on children's ward. Really need to do sum thin that'll tick all the boxes and give me plenty to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty6020)
    Thanks anon, i will look into older care in the area. Not sure tho if i can help out on children's ward. Really need to do sum thin that'll tick all the boxes and give me plenty to talk about.
    A hospice is a good place as it involved people of all ages and all kinds of needs depending on the persons condition. So i think thats the best option?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i think i'll do that. I'll give them a call 2morrw. My course is full time but it's only 15 hrs a week so i def b able to commit to a couple of hrs a week.
    Thanks anon 🤗

ReputationRep:
    An old people's home would be a good start. And also a hospice as the age range and condition/severity varies massively. Maybe even volunteer to work with special needs kids as that gives you a more unique angle also.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.