I don't have many friends on Facebook

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

I feel like such a loser as I've only got a 150 friends on there. And most people have 500-1000 friends and I don't know how they do it! Could someone tell me how these people have loads of friends on fb and how I get loads?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it. I've had people try to add me who I've never talked to. A lot of my friends are in fact made up of family. Very few are people I've met in real life.

You'll probably find that those with 500-1000 "friends" probably coulsn't tell you the first thing about most of those people on their friend list.

ReputationRep:
    And welcome to the facebook generation...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly half of those 700 people they will hardly even know, never talk to or literally not know them at all. I bet out of 700 people they have on Facebook they will talk to about 10 in real life so I really wouldn't worry about it. The number of friends you have on Facebook shouldn't define you

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't tell you what 95% of the people on my FB are doing nowadays as I never speak to them.

ReputationRep:
    I have way less than 100 friends on Facebook

ReputationRep:
    It is important to have a lot of friends in a real life. Friends who you can rely on and have a good time with. Those 1000 people won't help you when you have problems or when you wnat to watch a movie with someone. So don't worry about this numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I only have 50 on it

When it comes to FB friends, its all about quality and not quantity. I'd rather have 50 people I know, trust and get on well with than thousands of people I don't know or who are only there to be nosy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like such a loser as I've only got a 150 friends on there. And most people have 500-1000 friends and I don't know how they do it! Could someone tell me how these people have loads of friends on fb and how I get loads?
    A lot of the people who have that many friends are people who just add everyone, like even if it's just someone they've seen around and never speak to, friends of friends, or literally just strangers they think are attractive. If it makes you feel any better I currently have 0 friends on FB because I deleted mine a while back and only remade it a few days ago for uni and don't actually want to re-add anyone yet lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    boo hoo
    it s not like you need them

ReputationRep:
    >[CURRENTYEAR]
    >still on facebook

Honestly. What is wrong with you people?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.