Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Thought I'd start a thread for 2017 intakes! I thinking of applying to Leicester (1st choice) & Bedfordshire for degree, and Bedfordshire, Coventry & Birmingham for diploma! Anyone else thinking of applying for Operating Department Practice? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know if there are any universities that offer a foundation course for ODP or any other foundation course that i can still use to get into an ODP degree?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm looking to apply to Bucks New uni for 2017. Have just been to an open day and really looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for ODP. I'm thinking Bucks New Uni, Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin and Glasgow Caledonian.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Northumbria, Preston, Coventry, Birmingham and Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthiagitaux)
    Hi, does anyone know if there are any universities that offer a foundation course for ODP or any other foundation course that i can still use to get into an ODP degree?
    yes it's called access to Healthcare Sciences ...

it is very rare for pre-reg courses to be offered with foundation years ( the notable execption being widening access courses for Medicine / Foundation year Medicine for those with the 'wrong' subjects at A level)

ETA it;s also not that long ago since you could find Nursing and ODP courses with level 2 entry and direct entry to A+E in the ambulance service was also typically level 2 before the latest set of moves to HE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    yes it's called access to Healthcare Sciences ...

it is very rare for pre-reg courses to be offered with foundation years ( the notable execption being widening access courses for Medicine / Foundation year Medicine for those with the 'wrong' subjects at A level)
    Okay thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I've already sent my application off for ODP Bsc at: Hull, Huddersfield, UCLAN, Birmingham City and Cardiff. Got an interview from Hull and Huddersfield but the waiting game is so stressful! 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any offers for their unis?
    Iv applied to Teeside, Northumbria, Oxford brookes, UcLan, leicester.
    I had my interview for oxford (tuesday 6th) went really well (or so i thought)

I havent received any other interviews yet. A bit worried that i havent heard anything is this normal.
    I have my heart set on becoming an ODP.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Has anyone applied for the ODP Bcs course with lower predicted grades than the requirements but still got an offer/ interview? My teacher won't let me have BBC as my predicted grades and am thinking about the chances of getting offers with lower grades because the course is so competitive. 😞😓

ReputationRep:
    I applied in Edge hill, UCLAN , Coventry , Staffordshire Leicester still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard from UCLAN yet either

ReputationRep:
    Ahh the waiting is an absolute nightmare!
    Had my interview for oxford Brookes yesterday they said between 2days and two weeks and I will know either way.

But I want to go to either teeside or Northumbria as it saves me relocating 😬

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Staffs, Leicester, Coventry, Huddersfield and BCU. Interview next Tuesday for Staffs and January for Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lula72)
    I've applied to Staffs, Leicester, Coventry, Huddersfield and BCU. Interview next Tuesday for Staffs and January for Leicester
    Good luck!
    Fingers crossed I hear back from my other choices. I have received an offer from oxford Brookes

ReputationRep:
    Oh well done!
    Huddersfield have said no already, but that's fine, Staffs and Cov are probably my first choices, then Leicester and BCU.

How long did it take from interview until you received your offer from Oxford Brookes?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well done!
    Huddersfield have said no already, but that's fine, Staffs and Cov are probably my first choices, then Leicester and BCU.

How long did it take from interview until you received your offer from Oxford Brookes?
    Two days,
    Had my interview Tuesday 6th then got my offer on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caily19)
    Two days,
    Had my interview Tuesday 6th then got my offer on Thursday.
    Blimey that was quick! Hope Staffs let me know quickly, put me out of my misery either way haha!

ReputationRep:
    Blimey that was quick! Hope Staffs let me know quickly, put me out of my misery either way haha!
    It's so stressful waiting!
    Iv applied to two local unis which I haven't had an interview for yet but hoping to hear soon.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck for your interview on Tuesday!
    Let me know if you have any questions before or after.

Sam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.