The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A scarf type thing, made from a very warm material known as Kashmir.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Molière

Oh right. Is there anything special about it asides being made of kashmir?
Reply 22
You also have to take into account the shape of the fabric (i.e. gargantuan square) and the way it is tied (not wrapped around like a scarf, looped through...). That is how to spot a true pashmina. Haha.
Reply 23
Reblet
You also have to take into account the shape of the fabric (i.e. gargantuan square) and the way it is tied (not wrapped around like a scarf, looped through...). That is how to spot a true pashmina. Haha.

Bravo! Bravo! :smile:
Reply 24
Molière

Lol that's so cute! Kashmir is a place. Cashmere is a material. More Durham pedantry coming out there!

I hate pashminas on anyone except grannies, myself.
Reblet

Ah, now i get what a ra is. I now have a greater appreciation and understatanding of that strange species... :p:
Reply 26
Becca is a rah. *runs*
arkbar
Becca is a rah. *runs*

Is she a scary one? :p:
Reply 28
Yes, very scary. She has her collar turned up and everything.
arkbar
Yes, very scary. She has her collar turned up and everything.

While whipping people with her pashmina? :p:
Reply 30
Now I think you're confusing rahs and sadists... xxx
Reblet
Now I think you're confusing rahs and sadists... xxx

Ok, lets move this on. Does anyone have a pic of a rah in full uniform?
Reply 32
Culled from facebook:
arkbar
Culled from facebook:

Where is his Pashmina? :eek: He isnt in full uniform...
Reply 34
Chad's...pffffffffffffffft. *runs*
pikaboo
Chad's...pffffffffffffffft. *runs*

Is the college rivalry that bad...?
Reply 36
RK89
Is the college rivalry that bad...?

Heck no, only between me and Chad's :p:
pikaboo
Heck no, only between me and Chad's :p:

Oh right, which college are you at then?
Reply 38
RK89
Where is his Pashmina? :eek: He isnt in full uniform...

Not all rahs wear pashminas. Most rah girls do and some extreme rah boys also follow suit (though some may deny and claim it's as "scarf", don't be fooled). It's the attitude and voice as much as anything else which distinguishes a rah (and lots of expendable income). I wear and adore pashminas but doubt I'm a rah as I do originate from good ol' Chaventry. xxx
Reblet
Not all rahs wear pashminas. Most rah girls do and some extreme rah boys also follow suit (though some may deny and claim it's as "scarf", don't be fooled). It's the attitude and voice as much as anything else which distinguishes a rah (and lots of expendable income). I wear and adore pashminas but doubt I'm a rah as I do originate from good ol' Chaventry. xxx

So basically they are the public schoolies who talk all pawsh and have daddy buy us a new sportshall now and then. Or is that just the extreme rahs? :p:
I dont think i will get into that fratenity some how, i hail from Shottingham

Latest