Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

2017 Oxford Integrated Immunology Applicants Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Anyone else applying to Integrated Immunology this year? I'm starting to get very excited and would be happy to share this journey with other applicants!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying too!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! How's your application process going? I am planning to submit my application a week before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immunologynerd)
    Yay! How's your application process going? I am planning to submit my application a week before Christmas.
    I am just finalising my personal statement and cleaning up my CV, hopefully sending it away next week.
    Are you at uni still or have you already completed your BSc? I am still studying for mine in Biomedical Science.

ReputationRep:
    Great I am just now finishing my BSc degree in Nutrition. Are you doing your BSc in the UK? I am from the Scandinavia.

(Original post by Thomas96)
    I am just finalising my personal statement and cleaning up my CV, hopefully sending it away next week.
    Are you at uni still or have you already completed your BSc? I am still studying for mine in Biomedical Science.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm from the North of England. Oh wow, where in Scandavia ?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I am from Finland. I am a bit concerned whether my grades are high enough, as we get grades on the scale of 1-5 (not 1-4 like in US) but hopefully it'll be fine! Do you have a backup plan, are you applying somewhere else too? Oh and will you express a college preference in your application?

Yeah I'm from the North of England. Oh wow, where in Scandavia ?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I am from Finland. I am a bit concerned whether my grades are high enough, as we get grades on the scale of 1-5 (not 1-4 like in US) but hopefully it'll be fine! Do you have a backup plan, are you applying somewhere else too? Oh and will you express a college preference in your application?
    I am also applying to the MSc Immunology and Immunotherapy course at the University of Birmingham so hopefully I'll get into one of these! Fingers crossed!!
    I don't think I am going to express a college preference.

ReputationRep:
    Ok great, I am also applying to Imperial College (Immunology), but definitely would prefer Oxford.

I am also applying to the MSc Immunology and Immunotherapy course at the University of Birmingham so hopefully I'll get into one of these! Fingers crossed!!
    I don't think I am going to express a college preference.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sent my application three weeks ago. Have you heard anything? How exciting! I wonder how soon they will contact us if we have been short listed for interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application three weeks ago. Have you heard anything? How exciting! I wonder how soon they will contact us if we have been short listed for interviews.
    It says on the website interviews are normally given out within 6 weeks of the deadline. I haven't heard anything yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It says on the website interviews are normally given out within 6 weeks of the deadline. I haven't heard anything yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, but I'm wondering how soon they will send emails about the interviews. Anytime now, I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but I'm wondering how soon they will send emails about the interviews. Anytime now, I guess!
    Yeah! I'm a strong mix of excitement and nerves! ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I'm a strong mix of excitement and nerves! ahaha
    Same same! Would be so happy to know what is "basic immunology" - I mean is it more like explain what are macrophages or explain how TNF-alpha is regulated.. regarding the interview I mean 😁

ReputationRep:
    Same same! Would be so happy to know what is "basic immunology" - I mean is it more like explain what are macrophages or explain how TNF-alpha is regulated.. regarding the interview I mean 😁
    Yeah I know what you mean. Like how basic is 'basic'? I wonder if there is a previous thread from last year or the year before? They might have some questions on. I'll have to have a look.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean. Like how basic is 'basic'? I wonder if there is a previous thread from last year or the year before? They might have some questions on. I'll have to have a look.
    I've tried to look for something like that, but haven't found anything about the actual questions.. Let me know if you find something!

ReputationRep:
    I've tried to look for something like that, but haven't found anything about the actual questions.. Let me know if you find something!
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

I found some information in that thread!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

I found some information in that thread!
    Oh awesome! I kinda feel relieved but at the same time more terrified haha.. Did you mention some special interests in the field? I mentioned several and now I don't know if it was a good thing ha!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I mentioned quite a few too, I had better get reading ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.