Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Hi all,

I'm planning to apply for CMT this coming November. I was wondering roughly what percentage of the candidates interviewed are likely to have a final job offer? Does it vary very much from region to region? From what I can understand from the application website, it appears that the bulk of the final score is dependent on the interview, so does it still matter how many points you have or is that just for getting shortlisted?

Thanks a lot for your help!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ct1recruitment.org.uk/abo...ous-years-data

This year you are at risk of having your hand bitten off by a programme as so few people seem to want to commit to training.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It is hard to tell from all the stats because so many people probably put CMT down as their back-up but then also apply for ACCS, Australia, drop out etc etc. so the competition ratios are potentially quite misleading, however I get the impression that unless you're actively unappointable you shouldn't have too much issue getting a job. Even the stats posted above you have to consider that a lot of those people won't actually have put CMT 1st choice.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to CMT as a back up, a couple of years ago, to an average Deanery, and I had an average score. *Had no problem being offered a job - in fact as suggested above, the competition ratio was quite misleading because many people, like me, declined their offer, and although the competition ratio was initially a bit tighter, by the end they couldn't give the jobs away.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.