National Crime Agency

    • Thread Starter

    Hi All,
    I'm really interested in potentially applying for the National Crime Agency, and more specifically the drug enforcement area. Does anyone know anything regarding how they recruit and how to join. Also I'm thinking of a chemistry degree, would this play to my favour? And any further information you have is all useful.

    I imagine that the NCA would usually prefer to recruit from UK police forces (I know that their armed officers are usually former police AFOs, for example). Just out of curiosity, why the interest in the NCA and not your local police force?

    Having a degree is usually an advantage for any specialist roles. If you want to get into drug enforcement, either a legal, sociological or chemistry based degree would probably be an advantage, even if it wasn't required
    I'm sorry that I couldn't answer more directly, but I hope you find this useful anyway

    The NCA generally recruit exclusively from the police/armed forces or certain sections of HMRC (for instance criminal investigations).
    They open it up to everyone else, but the "frontline" roles generally require extensive experience in the criminal justice sector. Officer roles require that you are a qualified firearms officer (which you won't be unless you were a cop).
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.