Corbyn's Momentum to set up a "children's wing"

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    That's right, not a youth division but a wing for young children.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...abour-movement

The new group is also aimed at “increasing children’s involvement in Momentum and the labour movement by promoting political activity that is fun, engaging and child-friendly”.

Children’s author Alan Gibbons, who will perform at the festival, said: “We believe that children are naturally inquisitive and creative.”
    Yes, creative and inquisitive. Also impressionable and malleable.

Perhaps they can call it the Young Pioneers? Or the Jezbollah Youth? If you think the latter is unfair, the valid point being made is that having a children's wing, indoctrinating them with ideology while they're too young to apply critical thought, is a basic activity carried out by all totalitarian movements (and by religions and cults).

Such a thing is alien to the British political tradition, we've never had a major political party setting up a sub-organisation designed to indoctrinate children. Even the name sounds sinister;

Momentum, the social movement set up to support Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, is launching a children’s wing called Momentum Kids
    Will the children in this group be taught to denounce their parents if they express anti-Party thoughts?

Of course the wits will say that Momentum is already a movement for children. Or that this new organisation will be called Child Labour.

JamesN88 KimKallstrom Bornblue Rakas21

ReputationRep:
    By the way, is anyone else planning to watch Channel 4 Dispatches tomorrow night? They are doing an expose on Momentum, a reporter went undercover in the movement for six months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    By the way, is anyone else planning to watch Channel 4 Dispatches tomorrow night? They are doing an expose on Momentum, a reporter went undercover in the movement for six months.
    I am now.

The second comment on that article sums things up:

"Our Labour Party banners are now carrying images of Corbyn? I won’t speak ill of the dead regarding John Lennon - but Corbyn? Are we really now a cult of the personality? For a man who makes Pooter look like a man with personality?

What the hell has happened to Labour?"

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.. the lunatics really have left the asylum.

I hear people comparing the state of the world today to the 1930's every now and then. I of course fob them off as overreacting but every now and then you see things that make you think...

ReputationRep:
    Tiny Trots

ReputationRep:
    If Owen Smith loses as predicted I can't see any conscientious MP sticking with this maniac if they have a modicum of sense.,Indoctrinating kids is unacceptable - that's why i'm against faith schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Oh dear.. the lunatics really have left the asylum.

I hear people comparing the state of the world today to the 1930's every now and then. I of course fob them off as overreacting but every now and then you see things that make you think...
    Indeed. I've been saying it for a while now.

We have an open Putin supporter leading UKIP now too to go with the momentum crap.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure his friends in the IRA will love that, probably for all the wrong reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they should call it "Corbyn Youth"? Better than "Child Labour".

ReputationRep:
    That's right, not a youth division but a wing for young children.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...abour-movement

Yes, creative and inquisitive. Also impressionable and malleable.

Perhaps they can call it the Young Pioneers? Or the Jezbollah Youth? If you think the latter is unfair, the valid point being made is that having a children's wing, indoctrinating them with ideology while they're too young to apply critical thought, is a basic activity carried out by all totalitarian movements (and by religions and cults).

Such a thing is alien to the British political tradition, we've never had a major political party setting up a sub-organisation designed to indoctrinate children. Even the name sounds sinister;

Will the children in this group be taught to denounce their parents if they express anti-Party thoughts?

Of course the wits will say that Momentum is already a movement for children. Or that this new organisation will be called Child Labour.

JamesN88 KimKallstrom Bornblue Rakas21
    stop it with this anti-corbyn bias, Momentum is not some extremist group

ReputationRep:

Perhaps they can call it the Young Pioneers? Or the Jezbollah Youth?
    Surely it will be called the Corbyn Youth?

I wonder if there will be an Islington Wine Bar Putsch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IkeaLamp)
    stop it with this anti-corbyn bias, Momentum is not some extremist group
    How do you account for their behaviour then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    How do you account for their behaviour then?
    Am I supposed to guess what specific behaviour you're talking about?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Threats to MPs.

The sort of thing that didn't happen before Corbyn was leader.

ReputationRep:
    let's start with the denunication of anyone who doesn't follow the exact party line of Kim-il-Jez ... i.e. the 'list' of people who have 'threatened' and 'insulted' the blessed Jezza 'publicly' and are therefore 'Fair Game' for the 'C(orbyn) Org' to attack and slur ...

ReputationRep:
    what threats? i'm going to need a specific threat to a specific MP, because you can't expect me to search all over the internet for what I think you're talking about, given the ridiculous anti-corbyn bias in the media.
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07...ats-abuse-mps/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...buse%3f0p19G=e

AlexanderHam can also give you first hand accounts of the atmosphere in CLP meetings since Corbyn became leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Threats to MPs.

The sort of thing that didn't happen before Corbyn was leader.
    And you think various indirect, disputable threats to MPs makes Momentum even worth comparison to extremist groups like the Nazis or Soviets? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    let;s start with the denunication of anyone who doesn;t follow the exact party line of Kim-il-Jez ... i.e. the 'list' of people who have 'threatened' and 'insulted' the blessed Jezza 'publicly' and are therefore 'Fair Game' for the 'C(orbyn) Org' to attack and slur ...
    Did you misunderstand? This is about how a left-wing youth branch is apparently the Nazi Youth or Lenin's Youth Union - by expansion, this means the OP thinks that Momentum or Corbyn's labour is essentially the Nazi party or something. Making some threats to MPs and listing them does not constitute to this. Its pathetic that you're trying to smear a progressive movement against austerity as a group who would gas Jewish people. Disgusting, please go.

ReputationRep:
    Never before have I seen such a strong personality cult - and never one so potentially dangerous and deluded. So we're going to indoctrinate our children now? It's as bad as forcing religion upon them at a young age, as they are young and impressionable to what they are told by their elders. It looks like Momentum are trying to turn Britain into the next North Korea, with Jezza Jong-un at the helm.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.