x Turn on thread page Beta

Who's starting a-levels in september? watch

ReputationRep:
    How are you preparing for them? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdm391)
    How are you preparing for them? :rolleyes:
    Hi!

Yup, I'm going to be starting Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Philosophy.

Maths - we have some sheets of questions to do, and I might check out some websites with notes on P1 (or C1) on.
    Physics - my dad teaches physics and he's got me some "student support" booklets, one for each of the three AS modules, I can look through those.
    Chemistry - I don't really have anything to do for that, I might look into the first module later on.
    Philosophy - I have to do a short essay on philosophy in "Alice Through the Looking Glass" and I might check out some stuff from the first module.

ReputationRep:
    God, what the f*** is wrong with you people? Why are you so obsessed with work? Is there nothing else you can do with your time over than maths questions or philosophy essays? Have a rest, dont do any work, I didnt, and I did fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    God, what the f*** is wrong with you people? Why are you so obsessed with work? Is there nothing else you can do with your time over than maths questions or philosophy essays? Have a rest, dont do any work, I didnt, and I did fine.
    Yeah well I didn't say I wanted to do any of that stuff... that was set work.

Also life is boring, as it has been for however many weeks of exam leave and holiday I've had already.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, working in the summer before starting AS? No chance!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so not doing any work now.

For one my choices aren't final and two, it's the Summer Holidays now. My time.

ReputationRep:
    Me too!

Apart from drinking beer, introducing highly distorted sleeping patterns and generally lazing about im doing the following:

English Literature-Have to read 'The Woman in Black' and write an essay on it before the term starts.
    European History- Nothing!
    Philosophy- Random background reading.
    Economics- Nothing!

Im starting A levels in September

English Lang and Lit-I've read The Color Purple.
    History-Just been using a few useful websites and researching into what im studying in September.
    R.E-Im not doing anything
    Sociology-not doing anything.

Just got my enrolment details today as well.

ReputationRep:
    French: nothing, didn't get a reading list or anything

Spanish: only thing on the reading list is some obscure grammar-y book by the head of dept! So nothing! Got a reading list from my old school but I'm not actually going to read anything on it!

History: Got a suggested reading list and was basically told to read anything vaguely historical (LOTR was included!!) so either nothing or some novel with a historical setting maybe if I can be bothered.

Maths: nothing, eek

Physics: got a reading list and I'm reading like 1 book from it. Really need all the help I can get....

ReputationRep:
    Double Maths: P1,M1,S1
    Physics: Nothing
    Economics: Essay, have to hand in at the beginning of Sep. Reading.
    Government & Politics :Read some books.

ReputationRep:
    I've been set loads of work for the summer (between AS and A2). I'll do it in the last week before I go back I reckon. You really don't need to do any work before starting AS though, enjoy the summer if you don't have any set work, your teachers will take you through the rest when you go back in Sept.

mmm...might just skim-read my notes in the last week of holidays since work experience is really stressful and I wanna enjoy my holidays =) Ohh..and there's the reading for Uni interview which needs to be done !!

KeN

ReputationRep:
    lololol ur comment made me laugh. I don't do hardly any work either and do well, but if some people have to work it's not their fault!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)
    lololol ur comment made me laugh. I don't do hardly any work either and do well, but if some people have to work it's not their fault!!!!
    I'm mostly doing the little that I am coz I'm moving to a new (and I don't think anyone would object to "better") school and don't wanna drown at the beginning!! I'm a lazy student really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    Double Maths: P1,M1,S1
    they've told you to learn P1, M1 and S1 for September! :eek: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    bio, chem, econ, geo, french & GS -> nothing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    they've told you to learn P1, M1 and S1 for September! :eek: :confused:
    Aaaaaaaaa~~~I do P1,M1,S1 just coz I cannot find C1,C2,C3's books...
    Although the books are changed,I guess the main knowledge and skills will remain. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We haven't been set anything to do

A couple of days before I go back I might brush up on maths, physics, bio and chem, so i don't look like an idiot when i get asked a question that i don't know the answer to...

WOHOO IT'S SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

A couple of days before I go back I might brush up on maths, physics, bio and chem, so i don't look like an idiot when i get asked a question that i don't know the answer to...

Wow! Triple science! Respect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

Three sciences and maths!- tough combo, but many people do it....
    If you did edexcel higher tier then the maths should be alright, as it starts off pretty straightforward.
    I also do physics, and don't remember preparing for it at all, but I did fine in the end. As you said though, maybe it's a good idea to brush up a bit before you get back.....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.