The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mockel
Three sciences and maths!- tough combo, but many people do it....
If you did edexcel higher tier then the maths should be alright, as it starts off pretty straightforward.
I also do physics, and don't remember preparing for it at all, but I did fine in the end. As you said though, maybe it's a good idea to brush up a bit before you get back.....

I'm doing art aswell... Couldn't give it up, love it too much!

I did edexcel higher tier, but yeah i'm gonna brush up, not for a couple of weeks though cos I'm doing work experience atm and when that's finished I'm going on holiday :biggrin:
Reply 21
me!

I'm doing art aswell... Couldn't give it up, love it too much!

I did edexcel higher tier, but yeah i'm gonna brush up, not for a couple of weeks though cos I'm doing work experience atm and when that's finished I'm going on holiday :biggrin:

wow, art as well! i guess you know what you've let yourself in for (presuming you did take it for gcse)....
hehe, you're doing the same as me, although i've already done 1 of my 2 weeks of work experience at Synthomer Ltd...where are you working?
after work, i'm going to india and sri lanka for 3-4 weeks...you going anywhere nice?
Reply 22
Just doing the work that youre set in the first week will brush up your skills enough. I started A level maths without knowing any GCSE stuff anyway, so couldnt brush up on anything.

Everything you learnt at GCSE about Chemistry and physics is wrong, and youll be told that when you start A levels, so dont bother brushing up on that.

Biology doesnt need any GCSE knowledge either..

Most of your subjects wont require any GCSE knowledge basically, so there really is no point in revising it..

You really should make the most of your breaks, this time next year youll be gagging for a week or two without any work..
imasillynarb
I started A level maths without knowing any GCSE stuff anyway, so couldnt brush up on anything.

How did you not know GCSE maths? :confused:
Reply 24
mockel
wow, art as well! i guess you know what you've let yourself in for (presuming you did take it for gcse)....
hehe, you're doing the same as me, although i've already done 1 of my 2 weeks of work experience at Synthomer Ltd...where are you working?
after work, i'm going to india and sri lanka for 3-4 weeks...you going anywhere nice?

yup i did it for gcse
i'm doing mine at smash hits magazine...
i wanted to spend the entire summer in India at my best mate's house (she lives there) but my mum and dad wouldn't let me go.
I'm going to germany, we've got friends out there
Reply 25
dinkymints
How did you not know GCSE maths? :confused:

rubbish teacher?
i've had a rubbish teacher for 3 years :frown:
Reply 26
me!

yup i did it for gcse
i'm doing mine at smash hits magazine...
i wanted to spend the entire summer in India at my best mate's house (she lives there) but my mum and dad wouldn't let me go.
I'm going to germany, we've got friends out there

smash hits- sounds very impressive...you know what you're gonna be doing there?
some parts of india are quite nice (not where i'm going though :biggrin: )
germany should be good...i've never been on holiday in europe (only a stupid one day trip to france)...we always go to india and sri lanka, and we've been to australia, singapore and malaysia a couple times....

Latest

Trending

Trending