How much are you paying for accommodation? Watch

bigmikeyp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£89 a week for 'deluxe' en-suite room in Liverpool.
Apparently broadband is £155 a year...
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I paid £65 a week all-in in halls last year (double bed, en-suite) which I believe is rising to £75 this year. So, I'm going for a house share at £45 a week plus bills.
alisonlouise
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by JayB124)
alisonlouise, im also staying in Liverpool (Grand Central) including internet and utilites it roughly £100p/w. I think its a bit pants tbh. . However I am living alone so costs will be higher for me.
Are u in a studio? how *** u wen for that? is ur internet included in the weekly price or sep? Wen u movin in??
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Annually £3666.39
Over 39 weeks that works out £94.01 per week.
Self catered, ensuite, all bills/utilites included & internet connection.
The Hall is all all brand new too, was only built last year
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
Was £70 a week in non-ensuite self catering halls.

Now £55 a week in shared house. Add in bills plus broadband etc to that though.
loopymeg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£59/week in a shared house - bills are included. It's even better because I have the only bedroom on the ground floor, so the downstairs toilet is effectively my own en-suite during the nights
Hotspur Warrior
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£2,200 a year. I think it works out at about £60 a week. Standard room, on-campus.
alicia912
Report 11 years ago
Mine is ensuite, self catered, with broadband in the center of birmingham £83 thats gone up from last yr
Captain Bravo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£93.80 a week @ Solent for en-suite.
Meltdown30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£72 a week, self-catered, non-ensuite (sink in room) in Glasgow. Internet connection included.
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£107 per week en suite halls with gym membership.
00nay00
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
About £90 a week, non-ensuite, part-catered (5 evening meals a week) and shared kitchen facilities.
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just shy of £100 pw, self catered, en-suite..
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£86.96 for a top floor en-suite room at Anglia Ruskin, self catered.
therealrandomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
At Surrey if I get my first choice I'll be paying £115 a week for an ensuit, enhanced, self-catered room with broadband.

But I don't want to go there, apparently it is mainly for the international students, and while I have no problem with that, I think in my first year I'd rather be with fellow Brits.

So my 2nd choice is £94 for an ensuit, self catered room with broardband.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£4697 including a bar, jcr, security,internet,contents insurance, electricty, water, heating, kitchen, ensuite facilities, tv etc. it's self-catered in Nottingham.
works out at £107/week and cheaper than halls.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by therealrandomgirl)
At Surrey if I get my first choice I'll be paying £115 a week for an ensuit, enhanced, self-catered room with broadband.

But I don't want to go there, apparently it is mainly for the international students, and while I have no problem with that, I think in my first year I'd rather be with fellow Brits.

So my 2nd choice is £94 for an ensuit, self catered room with broardband.
i hate when people say stuff like that. grr. there'll be brits as well, in an equal amount to the international students too. the main reason why international students choose self catering is because they are more mature and probably used to cooking for themselves etc and would find english food boring (compared to what they normally have) so they choose to live there.
therealrandomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The whole university is self-catered and the place I've applied for is called International House, so its unlikey there will be many Brits and you've got no option but to cook for yourself.

I don't know why I don't want to stay there, it's not like I'm racist or anything, I've got many foreign friends from all over the place so I like people.

I think its just fear of the unknown, making up stupid excuses for not wanting to do something.

(Before someone asks why I applied there knowing that, it was to keep my mum from nagging me, I'm lucky she's paying for my accommodation and she wanted me to stay there so it wasn't worth the bother)
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well in my experience, the international kids make the best friends not to mention that they're friendlier. they put more effort into making friends but if everyone keeps up the attitude that they don't want to be with the internationals,it makes them stick to themselves and people say they're not friendly. don't worry about it i'm sure you'll have as much fun with them as with the brits.look at it this way,they're in the same situation as you are,with the added fact that they cant go home and cry to mummy,because she's at least £500 by plane.
therealrandomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah your probably right to be honest, I'm just being irrational
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.03%
No (459)
72.97%

Watched Threads