How much are you paying for accommodation? Watch

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Over £100 p/w and I don't even get a laptop or Air-Con.

BTW, what's the difference between catered and non-catered. Is it a kind of room service? Because knowing the skinflints at Brunel as I do, I very much doubt we'll get room service in our Halls.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Andy Pipkin)

BTW, what's the difference between catered and non-catered. Is it a kind of room service? Because knowing the skinflints at Brunel as I do, I very much doubt we'll get room service in our Halls.
Er... I think you are joking but catered means there is a canteen/cafeteria attached to the halls and you get meals there included in the price of your accommodation...

And you expected a free laptop? WTF?
alisonlouise
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....Are you for real?
Innocent_Angel
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
£83.40/week for a single ensuite bedroom incl. utility bills, broadband and tv license. Halls Accomm. at Queens, Belfast.
roxyroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Approx £60 per week S/C in flat of 5 shared bathroom/ kitchen shoe box for a bedroom Happy enough xx
XBR
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Innocent_Angel)
£83.40/week for a single ensuite bedroom incl. utility bills, broadband and tv license. Halls Accomm. at Queens, Belfast.
If they are really giving you a TV license in the cost of the rent then you are very lucky. I have to pay £103 for en-suite which includes bills, internet and bus pass.
DavieC
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

:confused:

£84 p/w for 4 or 6 bedroom shared flat (not sure exactly which yet) with TV (and license), broadband, utilities and a cleaning service for the shared area included.
Innocent_Angel
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by XBR)
If they are really giving you a TV license in the cost of the rent then you are very lucky. I have to pay £103 for en-suite which includes bills, internet and bus pass.
Well that's what I am led to believe as it says on their website that it is all inclusive. But I will email them and double check.
mally06
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£115 p/w with ensuite, king size bed, internet included. The hall is brand spanking new... this year is the first time it opens.
miss_world
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£120- something for a catered hall in central London.
a-dam
Report 11 years ago
£83 p/w + parking £299 for the year, Manchester
sweetangel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'll be paying £102 for ensuite room~ better go and find a job ><
Ronove
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£74 p/w, self-catered, shared shower facilities. Across the road from the Student Union, in Clifton which is the place to be in Bristol... I'm happy with that.
Flash6289
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
About £90 for en-suite s/c halls.
silken1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£98 - Not sure what it covers at the mo - but I know thats including internet, en-suite bathroom, all bills. I don't know whether it covers contents insurance though. I need to find that out ...
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£97 a week self-catered,en-suite but it doesnt include internet access
PaulaTwouble
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£97 a week ensuite...
bottomness
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£64.75 a week...cheapest accommodation at my uni basically WOO
Vikrum
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll be paying £87.50 a week for self catered halls in Dundee (exspensive for the area but i've been renting privately in Glasgow's West End so anything seems cheap by comparison) for ensuite, including contents insurance, bills and broadband.
cabbage89
Report 11 years ago
I think mine is the most expensive in the counrty (so ive heard) £5,300 for 30 weeks, (about £175 A WEEK) ensuite+ food... ****! Its at the Royal Agricultrual College, Cirencester, very pretty but bloody expesive! its a rural uni and there is only catered accomodation, whish is annoying as I dont have much choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (69)
29.87%
No - I got the required grades (131)
56.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.42%

Watched Threads