Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone trying to get fit (boy or girl) during these summer holidays? Today, I decided to start working out, but after quite "extreme" exercising, I was completely worn-out. I did not mind the oxygen-debt, but it was the kinda dizzy feeling that was 'literally' killing me. Does anyone else get these painful dizzyness after quite tough exercise? Is it even normal?

I need advice to try and lose that belly that has emerged during the exam period (which has been the first time this has occured!). What type of exercise(s) is the best to lose the fat around the belly?

ReputationRep:
    cardiovascular hexercise.

ReputationRep:
    i bought some dumbells at the start of the hols and have already seen an improvement (do about 15 mins per day)

ReputationRep:
    Ive been working out, though I have had lapses with my workouts with stress, back on it will full throttle now.

Ive lost about 6lbs in 6 weeks, which is within my target range, i try not to exceed 2lbs a week.

Im 6feet tall and currenty weigh 179lbs, i plan to get to 175 or below before sept.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Im trying to shed the blubber too, not going particularly well so far, squats have left be practically unable to walk since monday, so Ill start doing more cardio again tomorrow. Dieting is hell, I hate eating 'healthy' food

ReputationRep:
    is there a reason for u guys working out?
    personally i want to be fit for freshers week

ReputationRep:
    increase my self confidence with women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    is there a reason for u guys working out?
    personally i want to be fit for freshers week
    To get a 6 pack ?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    gd reason

ReputationRep:
    i work out 5 times a week ... do 5 kms or running on the treadmill everyday .. and 2 days i do intense strength training ...

no , i never really felt dizzy , exhausted mainly after finishing . Try not to work out if uve had food in the past 3 hours . That might explain it . I drink a lot of water while running . I guess i finish at least a litre of water during one of my workouts . Keeps the body cool and doesnt cramp up muscles due to dehydration

ReputationRep:
    same here .... im looking for more than a six pack though(*wishful thinking*) . Mainly to increase my endurance though .

ReputationRep:
    well, ive always been fairly thin/average without any exercise at all - it was natural, but suddenly putting on this weight during those A2 exams is quite worrying. I'm not trying to get large muscles or a six-pack, I just want to be average around the waist again (sounds gay i know ).

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Im trying to shed the blubber too, not going particularly well so far, squats have left be practically unable to walk since monday, so Ill start doing more cardio again tomorrow. Dieting is hell, I hate eating 'healthy' food
    oh man .. i wish i had read ur post before i started doing squats , my thighs are completely fuked up . My mom keeps asking me why im walking like a robot . Hurts like hell when i sit down or get up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    i work out 5 times a week ... do 5 kms or running on the treadmill everyday .. and 2 days i do intense strength training ...

no , i never really felt dizzy , exhausted mainly after finishing . Try not to work out if uve had food in the past 3 hours . That might explain it . I drink a lot of water while running . I guess i finish at least a litre of water during one of my workouts . Keeps the body cool and doesnt cramp up muscles due to dehydration
    The dizzy feeling is from low bloody sugar levels, meaning, you need to eat sooner before doing exercise, or youve done too much exercise. You certainly shouldnt be working out if you havent eaten in 3 hours..

ReputationRep:
    By the way , some of you might find these articles useful , this is wat i use when im training with weights at the gym

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...-0-199,00.html

ReputationRep:
    oh man .. i wish i had read ur post before i started doing squats , my thighs are completely fuked up . My mom keeps asking me why im walking like a robot . Hurts like hell when i sit down or get up
    lol, yep. You have to walk around with your knees straight otherwise you just fall over

What weight were you squating ?

ReputationRep:
    The dizzy feeling is from low bloody sugar levels, meaning, you need to eat sooner before doing exercise, or youve done too much exercise. You certainly shouldnt be working out if you havent eaten in 3 hours..
    im pretty sure i read not to excerise after eating , and sumthing about excericsing first thing in the morning before breakfast .

I aim to get a lot of protien rich food at lunch time so i find it easier to keep from snacking b4 i go to the gym

ReputationRep:
    hey, thats great advice, cheers. Do you do 5km in one-go each day? or do u space it out? 5km in one go on a tread mill is extreme. I might cut-down on meaty foods - any suggestions of any healthy semi-diet meals without leaving you hungry afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    lol, yep. You have to walk around with your knees straight otherwise you just fall over

What weight were you squating ?
    15 kilo dumbells in both hands , i dont like the squatting machines at my gym , i cant get my posture rite whn i use em ... i know its nothing but im new to weight training , should have started at 10

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure i read not to excerise after eating , and sumthing about excericsing first thing in the morning before breakfast .

I aim to get a lot of protien rich food at lunch time so i find it easier to keep from snacking b4 i go to the gym
    You need to watch what you read really, menshealth is notoriously full of crap

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.