Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    as long as u breathe id say u were fine ... i lies down on the mat they have where ppl do situps after a really exhaustng session
    yeah thats what i thought, but i definitely remember something about keeping yerself "up" after exercise until u feel fine again.

oh i found another article:

Exercise & Meals

Do not exercise vigorously soon after eating. Wait at least 2 hours. Eating increases the blood flow requirements of the intestinal tract. During vigorous exercise, the demand of the muscles for blood may exceed the ability of the circulation to supply both the bowel and the muscles, depriving organs of blood, resulting in cramps, nausea, or faintness.

Looks as if 2 hours is a good time to start exercising after meals. As for before breakfast i still aint found anything on that yet, i will continue investigating. So how many hours after meals do u think would be classed as an "empty stomach"? I exercised about 4.5 hours after eating and felt really dizzy -> the sit-ups definitely helped bring it on! but i dont think 4.5 hours is an empty stomach

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to do some weights, and then spend about 15-20minutes on the punchbag. Laters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    yeah thats what i thought, but i definitely remember something about keeping yerself "up" after exercise until u feel fine again.

oh i found another article:

Exercise & Meals

Do not exercise vigorously soon after eating. Wait at least 2 hours. Eating increases the blood flow requirements of the intestinal tract. During vigorous exercise, the demand of the muscles for blood may exceed the ability of the circulation to supply both the bowel and the muscles, depriving organs of blood, resulting in cramps, nausea, or faintness.

Looks as if 2 hours is a good time to start exercising after meals. As for before breakfast i still aint found anything on that yet, i will continue investigating. So how many hours after meals do u think would be classed as an "empty stomach"? I exercised about 4.5 hours after eating and felt really dizzy -> the sit-ups definitely helped bring it on! but i dont think 4.5 hours is an empty stomach
    just do it the way ur comfortable , overexertion is the thing u should avoid , i do 5 kms a day but once in a while if i feel tired i just hit the emergency stop button on the treadmill ... no point risking injury

ReputationRep:
    just do it the way ur comfortable , overexertion is the thing u should avoid , i do 5 kms a day but once in a while if i feel tired i just hit the emergency stop button on the treadmill ... no point risking injury
    Its extremely difficult for you to overtrain with cardio, its something thats quite common with lifting weights though..Id say that you arent at any risk running 5km everyday, its hardly alot. If youre running a marathon everyday(like paula radcliffe) then fair enough, but youre not

ReputationRep:
    I think i found the solution if exercising before breakfast is good or bad:

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=8328

GMTV says it therefore it must be correct!

ReputationRep:
    I should really be trying to get fit and tone up a bit but I'm too lazy... oh well! If my 10s start getting tight I will probably think about it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Its extremely difficult for you to overtrain with cardio, its something thats quite common with lifting weights though..Id say that you arent at any risk running 5km everyday, its hardly alot. If youre running a marathon everyday(like paula radcliffe) then fair enough, but youre not
    i feel tired on the treadmill after doing 45 minutes or weight training

ReputationRep:
    I think i found the solution if exercising before breakfast is good or bad:

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=8328

GMTV says it therefore it must be correct!
    I read the first sentence, which is wrong, so closed the window, cant be arsed to read something thats gonna be totally wrong
    Youre gonna have to do better research than that!

ReputationRep:
    cycling to school everyday is the ebst exercise I get although I don't get fat anyway.

ReputationRep:
    im so lucky i have a gym rite in my apartment building ... can work out whenever i want to .

ReputationRep:
    i feel tired on the treadmill after doing 45 minutes or weight training
    You should do, its hardly overtraining though

ReputationRep:
    I read the first sentence, which is wrong, so closed the window, cant be arsed to read something thats gonna be totally wrong
    im beginning to realise y the rest of ukl find u narbs so annoying j/k

ReputationRep:
    You should do, its hardly overtraining though
    :eek: how many posts do you send a day??

ReputationRep:
    you atleast spend some time looking at J-Los hot pic!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone trying to get fit (boy or girl) during these summer holidays? Today, I decided to start working out, but after quite "extreme" exercising, I was completely worn-out. I did not mind the oxygen-debt, but it was the kinda dizzy feeling that was 'literally' killing me. Does anyone else get these painful dizzyness after quite tough exercise? Is it even normal?

I need advice to try and lose that belly that has emerged during the exam period (which has been the first time this has occured!). What type of exercise(s) is the best to lose the fat around the belly?
    yes, every summer i try to get more fit. this summer is the first exception in a long time. anyway you can't loose fat only aroung one place (don't know the real word for it) if you work out your whole body and eat right you will loose it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    :eek: how many posts do you send a day??
    Dunno, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    yes, every summer i try to get more fit. this summer is the first exception in a long time. anyway you can't loose fat only aroung one place (don't know the real word for it) if you work out your whole body and it right you will loose it.
    Without being harsh, thats totally and utterly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, why?
    32 ... chcked out of curiosity ...

ReputationRep:
    you atleast spend some time looking at J-Los hot pic!
    Shes a munterrrrrrr though?

ReputationRep:
    Without being harsh, thats totally and utterly wrong.
    really? when you are trying to become fit or loose weight do you loose it in only one place?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.