Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just thought i'd tell everyone that its on BBC1 at 9 pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)

(Original post by Quiksilver)
    Yeah my mum told me on the phone, i love this film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Yeah my mum told me on the phone, i love this film.
    yeh my sis screamed, its a great movie, i'm so glad nicholas cage isn't the bad guy during the movie lol

ReputationRep:
    am really annoyed... i've not seen this film, i nearly rented it the other day, but didn't. i saw it was on tonight and was going to watch it but ended up going to meet a friend and forgot to tape it. :mad:

lou xxx

(Original post by lou p lou)
    am really annoyed... i've not seen this film, i nearly rented it the other day, but didn't. i saw it was on tonight and was going to watch it but ended up going to meet a friend and forgot to tape it. :mad:

lou xxx
    lol, well i've seen it 4 times now. :eek:

It just gets better every time!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I'd like it at first - I'm not too keen on violent films, but the storyline and acting was great! Was I the only one who thought Nicholas Cage should have stayed in the other character for longer though? Far more interesting that way

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Face/Off is brilliant, although sadly it's the only decent movie John Woo has made in the West

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vyse)
    Yep, Face/Off is brilliant, although sadly it's the only decent movie John Woo has made in the West
    John Woo....I love that name I'm prepared to overlook his less good films just for the cuteness factor *random diversion*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vyse)
    hehe some of his less known films in hong kong were very good. but probably looks a bit crappy now..

he directed the hulk didnt he?

ReputationRep:
    i hate face/off especially the last action scene wish they'd just get over and done with and just die it goes on for so long. also i think the way that the kid is supposed to replace micheal is really sick and twisted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    hehe some of his less known films in hong kong were very good. but probably looks a bit crappy now..

he directed the hulk didnt he?

No Ang Lee did 'The Hulk'. John Woo did 'Face/[email protected] and "Mission:Impossible 2"(from this I can conclude that he likes to put pointless grammatical signs in to separate two words in his titles, which have absolutely no need to be separated).

On s similar note, what do people think of 'Swordfish'?Just watched it last night (have seen Face/Off a zillion times), and thought it was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    No Ang Lee did 'The Hulk'. John Woo did 'Face/[email protected] and "Mission:Impossible 2"(from this I can conclude that he likes to put pointless grammatical signs in to separate two words in his titles, which have absolutely no need to be separated).

On s similar note, what do people think of 'Swordfish'?Just watched it last night (have seen Face/Off a zillion times), and thought it was pretty good.
    ahh right...

umm...the only good part about sowrdfish is when halle berry reading the book - or rather, when shes not reading the book

ReputationRep:
    ahh right...

umm...the only good part about sowrdfish is when halle berry reading the book - or rather, when shes not reading the book
    That was definitely one of the good parts!!!

ReputationRep:
    ahh right...

another good part - where he has to hack into the computer system whilst also "dealing" with that blonde woman

ReputationRep:
    What got me was that bit when the teenage daughter was confused and didnt know which 'dad' to shoot. She ended up shootong her real dad then castor aka jonh travolta says 'no daughter of mine would shoot so wide' or something like that. If that is the case and shooting comes so naturally to him n his family then my question is why did it take so long for the fight scene to ends, and howcome he didnt win??

ReputationRep:
    Amazing film, for one brief moment I thought Nicolas Cage could act. All his other films are horrid with the exception of Snake eyes, I think thats what it was called. If you want to watch more amazing John Woo films, watch Hard Boiled. The Matrix copied the latter in terms of bullet time[slow motion], it has far better action than the matrix in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwarwick)
    Amazing film, for one brief moment I thought Nicolas Cage could act. All his other films are horrid with the exception of Snake eyes, I think thats what it was called. If you want to watch more amazing John Woo films, watch Hard Boiled. The Matrix copied the latter in terms of bullet time[slow motion], it has far better action than the matrix in my opinion.
    didnt matirx hire the same choreographer form hk who does all teh hk films?

the two hand guns is the john woo trade mark

ReputationRep:
    That film made me yawn.

ReputationRep:
    didnt matirx hire the same choreographer form hk who does all teh hk films?

the two hand guns is the john woo trade mark
    Perhaps, I forgot his name though. Ya the two hand guns trademark is used in so many of his films, at one point in hard boiled the protaganist dives+shoots the bullets hit the legs of a chair, and then hit his adversaries legs. He places meaning in a lot of the action.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.