The Student Room Group

Education details in UCAS - problem with centre name...

I am a mature student (24) who was educated by the LEA home tuition service after bad management of my mental health forced me out of mainstream education. Since I am a mature student, I assumed this would be a good place to post...

The centre name is not recognised by the UCAS institution list - will this cause me problems down the line? If I just type in the centre name will that be recognised by whoever looks at my application? Is it really more about my qualifications being valid than where I did them?

In fact, I am not even certain that the specific centre even exists anymore and I have no way of finding out - I moved out of that area eight years ago, I don't drive and it's too expensive to travel to by train, can't find a phone no. for the centre, etc.

I have certificates from AQA and Edexcel, so I can't really see it being a problem, but I just thought I would ask regardless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by a.little.bird
I am a mature student (24) who was educated by the LEA home tuition service after bad management of my mental health forced me out of mainstream education. Since I am a mature student, I assumed this would be a good place to post...

The centre name is not recognised by the UCAS institution list - will this cause me problems down the line? If I just type in the centre name will that be recognised by whoever looks at my application? Is it really more about my qualifications being valid than where I did them?

In fact, I am not even certain that the specific centre even exists anymore and I have no way of finding out - I moved out of that area eight years ago, I don't drive and it's too expensive to travel to by train, can't find a phone no. for the centre, etc.

I have certificates from AQA and Edexcel, so I can't really see it being a problem, but I just thought I would ask regardless.

I can't see it being a problem, as you have the qualifications certificates. The only thing is that you might have to be the one responsible for proving that you have the certificates instead of the centre of learning.

For better advice though I would give ucas a call. They will be better placed to help

Quick Reply

Latest