Checking A level resultings online.... Watch

harvie_316
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i have been told that at 00:00am on the 16th you can log onto ucas and it tells you if you have been accpeted to uni or not? is this true

regards
bigmikeyp
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
not sure about timings or anything, but last year lots of my mates checked UCAS before they went to get their results and found they had been accepted, so they knew a rough idea of what they had already
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Again.... not sure about the time (can't find it on the UCAS site)...

But be aware that there will be a lot of people trying to do the same (probably more in the morning) and I was told that the site may become slow due to the number of people trying to log in and access the results.

However last years seemed to go smoothly (from what i've been told), so maybe they have sorted themselves of and such issues.
AesopRock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They usually come up at 7am I think. No point in trying any earlier to be honest.
thatwhichiam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, they come up at about 7am. But not everyone's works, since so many people are trying to do the same thing.
iliketurtles
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When my A-Level results came out I checked online in the morning and saw that I'd been accepted onto my first choice uni. When I went into Sixth Form later that day to collect my results I wasn't nervous at all, when everyone else was panicing and worried.

The UCAS server often goes down with so many people checking, so it's best to be patient (or perhaps use the Firefox 'Reload every...' plugin which will automatically refresh the page for you every minute or so).
rico dan man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
didnt it crash last year because the demand for the service was too high...but yeah i remember it was at 00.00am when it goes live
ravenous_soup_dragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I tried from 12.00 to about half 12 and it had crashed I got up at 7 the next morning though, and found out I had been accepted which was a relief. It definitely beats waiting until you get to school - I felt nice and calm!
ab452
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh! all this talk is making me sooo nervous...!
Wilko_777
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does it only state whether your unis choices have accepted you or not, and not your actual grades? If that's the case, then I probably would be inclined to check it out beforehand.
Creole
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
UCAS have stated that they will update track by 'mid-morning' on the 16th. However I will be checking at midnight and at 7 and on my phone on the way to college if no luck has been had :p:.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it was about 8am when I checked last year and I was able to log in straight away the first time I tried. No crashing, no slowness, nothing, which was surprising after all the horror stories I'd read on here.

Wilko_777: Yes, it only tells you whether or not your firm and insurance have accepted you, not your grades. Unless you took some exams with Edexcel and your school/college has signed up to Results Plus, you can't find out your results online. You have to either go and get them in person, get someone else to or get them posted/phoned/texted/emailed.
Wilko_777
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Unless you took some exams with Edexcel and your school/college has signed up to Results Plus, you can't find out your results online.
Wouldn't have thought they would have signed up for it, as I suppose we would have been told if they had.
ravenous_soup_dragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
I think it was about 8am when I checked last year and I was able to log in straight away the first time I tried. No crashing, no slowness, nothing, which was surprising after all the horror stories I'd read on here.

Wilko_777: Yes, it only tells you whether or not your firm and insurance have accepted you, not your grades. Unless you took some exams with Edexcel and your school/college has signed up to Results Plus, you can't find out your results online. You have to either go and get them in person, get someone else to or get them posted/phoned/texted/emailed.
Yes, just whether you got into your choices or not. However, I wasn't intending to take my place up at all but I knew that my offer was AAA so I was just hoping that Bristol hadn't decided to take me anyway :p: I reckon it's very likely that you'll have the grades if you have been accepted so you can relax until you get to school!

At my school, they wouldn't release results by phone or email. You either had to go yourself, or write an official letter authorising a friend to pick them up for you, or they would send it that evening providing you'd stuck a stamp on your envelope. It's pretty good about this Edexcel thing though - I definitely would have checked mine if we had the chance. Maybe more schools will take it up next year?
Maverick_James
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
..and on behalf of everyone who may be wondering, if you woke to find that UCAS had put unsuccessful next to your firm offer, should they still ring, beg and just 'pretend' they havent checked UCAS and were unaware. Or are they set in stone once they've declined you.

Obviously if it still says conditional you ring and beg, just wondering if you'd be wasting your time if they put you as unsuccessful.

Could anyone shed some light on this?
jazznaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^ Your first choice university may well take you on the course if there are extenuating circumstances, and if many students failed to meet their offer for this particular year's intake.

As to whether you've got a real chance of getting on the course, depends on which university you've applied to, for which course, and the number of free places on that course for this year.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Maverick_James)
..and on behalf of everyone who may be wondering, if you woke to find that UCAS had put unsuccessful next to your firm offer, should they still ring, beg and just 'pretend' they havent checked UCAS and were unaware. Or are they set in stone once they've declined you.

Obviously if it still says conditional you ring and beg, just wondering if you'd be wasting your time if they put you as unsuccessful.

Could anyone shed some light on this?
The unis get the results on the Sunday, so they've already had a few days to decide whether or not to take those who've missed their offers, which means they've probably already made up their minds, but there'd be no harm in ringing anyway. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but the worst they can do is say no, so it could be worth a try, especially if you only missed your offer by a few UMS marks, got a high UMS mark in the subject you applied for, passed an AEA they didn't know you were taking or something like that.
iceman_jondoe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i certaianly will be checking at 12 am and around 7 am if i dont get to check any earlier. THe wait is just killing me right now, and although i wasnt thinking about my results at all, everyone seems to be talking about them on here, which is driving me a bit bonkers!
emosen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hey, just wondering if it also works for international students. (those that give cie). my results coming out tomorrow. the 9th. would ucas update and let me know the decisions right there and then on the 9th or along with eveyrone else on the 16th?
Serenity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Imagine if you checked and it said you'd been accepted, so you go and collect your results thinking you've done great.. But when you actually get them you've done rubbish and when you re-check track there had been an error with your account and actually you hadn't been accepted..

...Just throwing that out there :p:...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.07%
No (458)
72.93%

Watched Threads