The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think you fairly obviously need to see a doctor. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
When you say blackout, do you mean you actually lose conciousness, or that everything just goes black for a while (like you're lost your eyesight)?
Reply 3
naa im still standing so to speak but i cant control my eyes fuzzing and eye ball rollin then closing it lasts for about 15 secounds then im ok again
Reply 4
I think I know what you mean, I had the same thing a few months back. Are you getting enough sleep at night? because thats what caused it for me. Also, make sure you're getting enough sugar in your diet, low blood sugar can cause those symptoms too. I really do suggest seeing a doctor about it, stuff like that can be quite serious (luckily for me it wasn't).
Hope things go well

Mr Ben.
Reply 5
You're pretty underweight too =/ See a doctor, definitely.
Reply 6
hell yeah ... i have at least 10 hours sleep a night
Reply 7
my mum thinks it becuase i get up to fast?

If you mean that, then i think its normal. I get it all the time. I get up and totally lose my head, lose balance, sight totally blanks out and i feel queezy for a second or two. I think its the drop in pressure in your head from a sudden movement upward. Thats what the doc said when i asked him.

It might have something to do with your diet, perhaps aenemia/a lack of iron? Try taking a multivitamen and see if that helps.

If its more you're just sitting there and suddenly hit the deck, then thats probably a blackout, which needs attention.
Reply 8
See a doctor to get it checked out. I've had spells like this for about 10 years, then in April, it didn't pass like it usually does and I ended up collapsed and unconscious at work and got rushed to hospital. Turned out to be postural hypotension but it certainly scared me and you need to get it checked out to make sure it's nothing more serious.

When I was diagnosed, the doctor told me that as well as being careful to eat the right amount of sugar, I also need to watch my salt intake. Apparently, people with postural hypotension need 10g of salt a day rather than the recommended 6g. Now I'm not for one second telling you to eat loads of salt but just another reason why it might be worth getting checked out, in case you need to make a few subtle diet changes.
Reply 9
well you're quite underweight, and unintentionally being underweight can be caused by a number of things that perhaps these other things are related to.
so i would suggest going to a gp, 3-4 a day isn't normal. also, make a diary of when you get them, what time of the month, what you've eaten/drunk, what activities youre doing etc. because this could show patterns and give reasons behind them.
Reply 10
hi,
yes go to the doctor's its for the best!
i was wondering whether it could be Epilepsy, i have epilepsy. i was thinking it could be 'absence' seizures which i have alot of. if your eyelids flicker, have momentary loss of conciousness etc. etc it could be absence seizures. there are a hell of a lot of different types of epilepsy not just the typical 'fit'. the doctor can send you for an eeg to rule this out.

hope it goes ok!
jo.xxxxxxx
Reply 11
I get this occasionally, but instead of everything going black it goes white, I also can't hear anything except whatever I'm saying, like when you put your fingers in your ears. This happens to me when I've not had enough to eat or drink and It's a hot day or I'm in a hot room. My mum thinks it's getting too frequent now though and that maybe I should see a doctor, so If it happens again soon I guess that's what I'll be doing; maybe you should go see a doctor too if it's happening quite frequently.
Reply 12
i had a similar thing it turned out to be like a migraine type thing so i had to cut alot of stuff out of my diet caffeine, cheese, crisps, chocolate, chinese food not fun but now i can eat them in controlled quantities on the plus side theyve stopped and i feel much better :smile:
go and get checked out i was checked for diabetes and epilepsy its just a relief to get a diagnosis!
good luck! xx

Latest

Trending

Trending