GCSE English re-sit? Watch

jemnyokun14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in college taking level 3 btec health and social care, alongside GCSE English. I was just curious to know if my exam bard (Pearson/edexcel) do not offer a November re-sit of this year. The specification that I did was 'Edexcel Certificate Level 1/2 its also an IGCSE.

Apparantly this specification only allows a resit of summer 2017-which I do not want to resit in that year.

Does anyone happen to know if my specification for English offers a resit in January or November?

Thanks.
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Looks as though there is a Jan re-sit.

Subject Unit Title Unit No Date Time DurationEnglish English Literature Paper 1: Drama and Prose 4ET0 01 9-Jan-17 PM 1h 45mEnglish English A Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EA0 01 16-Jan-17 AM 2h 15mEnglish English Literature Paper 2: Unseen text and poetry anthology 4ET0 02 18-Jan-17 AM 1h 30mEnglish English A Paper 2: Reading and Writing 4EA0 02 24-Jan-17 PM 1h 30mEnglish English B Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EB0 01 25-Jan-17 AM 3h 00m
jemnyokun14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clemm101)
Looks as though there is a Jan re-sit.

Subject Unit Title Unit No Date Time DurationEnglish English Literature Paper 1: Drama and Prose 4ET0 01 9-Jan-17 PM 1h 45mEnglish English A Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EA0 01 16-Jan-17 AM 2h 15mEnglish English Literature Paper 2: Unseen text and poetry anthology 4ET0 02 18-Jan-17 AM 1h 30mEnglish English A Paper 2: Reading and Writing 4EA0 02 24-Jan-17 PM 1h 30mEnglish English B Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EB0 01 25-Jan-17 AM 3h 00m
Thanks for the info, but this is English Literature, I am looking for English Language
Clemm101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Those are both Literature and Language dates, I wasn't sure which you were doing. http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Timetable.pdf
jemnyokun14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clemm101)
Those are both Literature and Language dates, I wasn't sure which you were doing. http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Timetable.pdf
Thats fine thanks, but I think my gcse English language code is KET0
Clemm101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jemnyokun14)
Thats fine thanks, but I think my gcse English language code is KET0
Edexcel KET0 is English Literature and the last assessment was 2016. There are no re-sits for this qualification.
jkbar1955
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am currently in college taking level 3 btec health and social care, alongside GCSE English. I was just curious to know if my exam bard (Pearson/edexcel) do not offer a November re-sit of this year. The specification that I did was 'Edexcel Certificate Level 1/2 its also an IGCSE.

Apparantly this specification only allows a resit of summer 2017-which I do not want to resit in that year.

Does anyone happen to know if my specification for English offers a resit in January or November?

Thanks.
You can do the Edexcel IGCSE version in January 4EA0 - which is the same written papers, ( identical content - the ones you did in summer were shared by both exam codes) but without a coursework option. So if you did paper 1 and paper 2 ( route 1) then it is no different to what you did, if you did papers 1, 3 and 4 you will have to do papers 1 and 2 now
jemnyokun14
Rep:
?
(Original post by jkbar1955)
You can do the Edexcel IGCSE version in January 4EA0 - which is the same written papers, ( identical content - the ones you did in summer were shared by both exam codes) but without a coursework option. So if you did paper 1 and paper 2 ( route 1) then it is no different to what you did, if you did papers 1, 3 and 4 you will have to do papers 1 and 2 now

So can I still do this specification exam in January 2017? and yes-that's correct my previous exam was similar to this because I did the 'Edexcel Certificate Level1/level 2' which doesnt have an exam for January, only for June.
jkbar1955
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So can I still do this specification exam in January 2017? and yes-that's correct my previous exam was similar to this because I did the 'Edexcel Certificate Level1/level 2' which doesnt have an exam for January, only for June.
Yes you can sit it - but you need to find a centre that takes private candidates quickly ( entries will close in October) and if you did the coursework option you will need to do paper 1 and paper 2 instead this time
jemnyokun14
Rep:
?
Yes you can sit it - but you need to find a centre that takes private candidates quickly ( entries will close in October) and if you did the coursework option you will need to do paper 1 and paper 2 instead this time

yeah i will enter the examination thingy at my college and i only did a speaking and listening coursework along with paper 1 and paper 2 for my whole GCSE. How is this going to differ if I do the iGCSE
jkbar1955
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah i will enter the examination thingy at my college and i only did a speaking and listening coursework along with paper 1 and paper 2 for my whole GCSE. How is this going to differ if I do the iGCSE

I am getting slightly confused..you did the Edexcel level1/2 Certificate in summer?
So not the GCSE? You now need to do the IGCSE if you take in January ( so code is 4EA0) which is the same first 2 written papers 1 and 2
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

but do check the college is willing to enter you for January!
jemnyokun14
Rep:
?
I am getting slightly confused..you did the Edexcel level1/2 Certificate in summer?
So not the GCSE? You now need to do the IGCSE if you take in January ( so code is 4EA0) which is the same first 2 written papers 1 and 2
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

but do check the college is willing to enter you for January!

I did the edexcel certificate level 1/level 2 for my Gcse English (code is KEA0) and yeah I should definitely check with my college if they could enter me. But thanks for all the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.03%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (51)
15.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.21%

Watched Threads