Baaah's Journey to Success at A Level

Watch
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm creating this thread (like many people) to motivate themselves about their progress during Y12. I will be posting what I do every week in terms of academics, but also extra-curricular and AAB (Above and Beyond) work, so I have a head start in Uni application.

GCSEs:
9.5 A*s and 1A

AS Level:
A in ICT (Achieved)
Hoping to overall get 5As in (Maths, Chem, Bio, Geo, ICT)

I'm not dead set on the degree I want to do, but I know I want to do something around Biology and Chemistry in the future

(Feel free to post if you want, but I don't need any. This is just a thread to help me keep on track.)
C_Yap
Rep:
?
Week 1:

Started AS Levels in my subjects and received my timetable.

I have bought folders for each subject and bought dividers to ensure that my notes are revision ready.

Started to get use to the '8hrs of work a day' minimum requirement by the school.

Joined Medical Society, where the Y13s discussed the books they read, as well as interesting articles, and the lessons we can derive from it.

Trying to keep and maintain a sleep and wake up schedule so that I don't end up exhausted during the day...
C_Yap
Rep:
?
Week 2:

Attended New Scientist Live event in ExCeL London, where I was able to listen to talks about dementia, immunology, morality, drugs etc. Also was able to try a VR headset that enables me to see/hear from a typical perspective of someone who has dementia, which was interesting as I was able to see the personal side.

Rewritten my messy geography and chemistry notes

Started reading 1st chapter of 'Complications' by Atul Gawande

Finished 1st chapter of 'Medical Ethics: A very short introduction'
C_Yap
Rep:
?
Week 3:

Finished reading 2nd and 3rd chapter of Complications.

Represented school chess team against another school in a chess league and won both matches

Rewritten notes for protein structure in SNAB Biology topic 2.

Watched videos to help understand mass spectrometry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (113)
40.79%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.47%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (63)
22.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.86%

Watched Threads