Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foundation Year - Warwick [IB question] Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I was just checking certain universities requirements for accounting & finance degree
    Then I came across a foundation year for A&F at warwick.. On the entry requirements I think it said something like 3 A-Levels
    So lets say someone got like an ABB/AAB (minimum requirements for banks) which wasn't enough to get into warwick A&F couldn't they just do a foundation year and still be at a target, with minimum grades. So could they just go up the same pipeline of work experience (but a year later as it's 4 years) or like would they be less competitive? You do get the same degree in the end but do you have to declare that it was with foundation year?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Okay, so I was just checking certain universities requirements for accounting & finance degree
    Then I came across a foundation year for A&F at warwick.. On the entry requirements I think it said something like 3 A-Levels
    So lets say someone got like an ABB/AAB (minimum requirements for banks) which wasn't enough to get into warwick A&F couldn't they just do a foundation year and still be at a target, with minimum grades. So could they just go up the same pipeline of work experience (but a year later as it's 4 years) or like would they be less competitive? You do get the same degree in the end but do you have to declare that it was with foundation year?
    Makes 0 difference, same protocol like any other four year course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Makes 0 difference, same protocol like any other four year course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool thanks, so that should be a good back-up plan, say one does not get AAA

ReputationRep:
    Cool thanks, so that should be a good back-up plan, say one does not get AAA
    why you downplaying your abilities man
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    why you downplaying your abilities man

Na I am still aiming high, I didn't actively search for a backup plan just coincidentally came across it
    but I guess its always good to have a backup plan if worse comes to worst.

ReputationRep:
    Na I am still aiming high, I didn't actively search for a backup plan just coincidentally came across it
    but I guess its always good to have a backup plan if worse comes to worst.
    Did you apply then? Did you get the offer?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Did you apply then? Did you get the offer?
    Na, I'm in year 12.
    Did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Na, I'm in year 12.
    Did you apply?
    ye I will let you know how it goes
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    cool, good luck

ReputationRep:
    That's actually quality idea, you is smart
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    That's actually quality idea, you is smart
    loool ty
    hopefully I get good enough grades so this won't be an option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Sorry to sidetrack this as I'm also interested in this degree, did you get a offer?

ReputationRep:
    Goddamn you need fit disadvantaged criteria to apply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.