Quick question?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Basically I was one of those guys in college who messed about in class, left my BTEC with an embarrassing MPP where as most people had enough to go university. I left in 2014, got a job and just got on with life but it's kind of hit me now how stupid I was.

I've decided that I'd like to go uni and do physiotherapy, I know no where at all would take me with those grades so I'd have to look at an access course and I was looking at staying home while at Uni but every single person has told me I'd miss the real experience, so now am looking at moving away but here's my real question.

Would I look weird as a 22 year old showing up for his first year of uni, going out to freshers, doing stupid things, partying ect or do I have the wrong idea about the age group? I'd imagine everyone there would be 18-19? surely? or am I deluded here?!

I just don't want to be the oldest one, since am the class clown, most of my friends have all gone uni, finished it and now won't shut up about it, it feels like am missing out big time.

What do you's reckon? am I over thinking this or have I grown to old to move away?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I know some 50 year olds studying to be doctors.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it's probably going to be fine I mean yeah you might be a little older than the majority but that doesn't matter you're all mature and you'll be able to get on with everyone just fine and I think it would be a great experience for you, don't worry if there's an age gap, especially if doing this means having a better lifestyle :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delboyyy)
    Basically I was one of those guys in college who messed about in class, left my BTEC with an embarrassing MPP where as most people had enough to go university. I left in 2014, got a job and just got on with life but it's kind of hit me now how stupid I was.

I've decided that I'd like to go uni and do physiotherapy, I know no where at all would take me with those grades so I'd have to look at an access course and I was looking at staying home while at Uni but every single person has told me I'd miss the real experience, so now am looking at moving away but here's my real question.

Would I look weird as a 22 year old showing up for his first year of uni, going out to freshers, doing stupid things, partying ect or do I have the wrong idea about the age group? I'd imagine everyone there would be 18-19? surely? or am I deluded here?!

I just don't want to be the oldest one, since am the class clown, most of my friends have all gone uni, finished it and now won't shut up about it, it feels like am missing out big time.

What do you's reckon? am I over thinking this or have I grown to old to move away?

Cheers!
    Well, I just finished my degree this year at the age of 23. But, the oldest girl in my class was 23 when she joined first year, and now she was 26. So, I doubt it matters. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    People won't know your age unless you tell them.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.