Can I still get an A* with an A in the ISA?

Watch
Gabzinc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Stressing.

Not quite sure how this works, but I got an A grade in my ISA (got 44/50). Is it possible (and how many marks to get for each paper?) to get an A* in the whole subject overall? (and how many marks to get for each paper? (Physics))

And for Biology I got 42/50 in the ISA, can I still get an A*?

My school don't want to do retakes
Thanks in advance
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, it's possible. It really depends on the grade boundaries, which aren't decided until after the exams. Your overall Grade will be decided by a combination of all component marks.
Nyash01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gabzinc)
Stressing.

Not quite sure how this works, but I got an A grade in my ISA (got 44/50). Is it possible (and how many marks to get for each paper?) to get an A* in the whole subject overall? (and how many marks to get for each paper? (Physics))

And for Biology I got 42/50 in the ISA, can I still get an A*?

My school don't want to do retakes
Thanks in advance
Yeah its possible i got a low A grade in my ISA last year for chemistry (AQA) and i came out with an A*. You just have to get about 90+ ums marks on each paper to secure an A* overall.
choc.chip.cookie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think 44/50 is actually an A*, check on aqa ums page; (44/50 is 90 ums) it shows the grade boundaries for the ISAs which haven't changed in years. I'm not sure if you are on AQA but it should be the same.
Snowystar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, don't worry you can easily get an A* with an isa being an A. I think the grade boundaries for the isa are 45 or 46 out of 50 for an A* and 42 for an A so very well done for getting As in your isas. I just got mine back from my teacher and I know that it isn't consolidated but I got a 46 in one Isa and 44 in another
Gabzinc
Rep:
?
Thanks for the support guys, it's nice knowing I can still do it

choc.chip.cookie oops, i meant 42 lol
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gabzinc have a look on the AQA website and find out the UMS needed for the A* in triple Science that would give you a better idea and could answer your question. #GoodLuck
jazz_xox_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's possible if you get A* in all of your exams, also 44 is a high A (usually). I would recommend to try as much as you can to retake, or ask your teacher to remark them! It will leave you will so much less pressure.
Gabzinc
Rep:
?
(Original post by JTran38)
Gabzinc have a look on the AQA website and find out the UMS needed for the A* in triple Science that would give you a better idea and could answer your question. #GoodLuck
Just did it :P Looks like I can do it, but I'm going to need to get high 40's/low 50's in the exams

thanks for the help!
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gabzinc)
Just did it :P Looks like I can do it, but I'm going to need to get high 40's/low 50's in the exams

thanks for the help!
NP at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.04%
I need help researching courses (9)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.97%
I need help with my personal statement (68)
42.24%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
24.22%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
8.07%

Watched Threads