Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how possible is it to get uni's to tell you if your in, b4 results day? watch

ReputationRep:
    ive heard that uni's get our A-level results a week before results day. what bribes could i give to my prospective uni to indulge this information? have i no chance on earth?

ReputationRep:
    no chance on earth

ReputationRep:
    WRONG ANSWER!!

ReputationRep:
    OK OK, i get the point...i'll still live in my own deluded hopes though!

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago the sixth form head at my school had to come in the day before, when the schools receive all the results. Her daughter (who was in year 13 that year) then overheard her on the phone to the headteacher saying that everyone had got their uni places. And so everyone knew that nothing bad had happened. Bribing your teacher is the way to go....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    No chance on earth - any uni that gives out that sort of information risks losing advance access to results - which will put them a LONG way behind other unis and give them a LOT of bad publicity.
    What about the unis that 'accidently' send our letters of acceptance to people whove got in before results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    What about the unis that 'accidently' send our letters of acceptance to people whove got in before results day?
    I'd love to be one of those people!

ReputationRep:
    The way the postal service is at the moment - even if they were sent out on the monday it's unlikely they'd arrive before the thursday

And there is now a restriction set down by UCAS that letters can't be posted before Wednesday....so in theory it shouldn't still be happening.
    So we wont get one of those letters until long after results day?

ReputationRep:
    if sent out on monday, second class takes 2-3 days. therefore likely to get there on thursday

ReputationRep:
    Can you find out your results on the ucas website on the day? Its just that i'm sure a teacher said you could?

ReputationRep:
    The results aren't on there but if you've been accepted to your uni then that should show - however the UCAS tracker will be frozen/taken offline for the week before the results and is only officially supposed to come online again at midday on the results day.
    According to a letter i recieved from ucas today the tracker will be online all the time and on results day you will be able to see if you have been accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    According to a letter i recieved from ucas today the tracker will be online all the time and on results day you will be able to see if you have been accepted
    Yeah I got that letter as well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Yeah I got that letter as well :cool:

Last year i was on the UCAS tracker site from 00:01 last year on the 14th and nothing was updated for me until after 12:00pm.

ReputationRep:
    what letter, i havent had a letter? I WANT A LETTER!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_m)
    ive heard that uni's get our A-level results a week before results day. what bribes could i give to my prospective uni to indulge this information? have i no chance on earth?
    How much cash have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_m)
    what letter, i havent had a letter? I WANT A LETTER!!
    I'm sure u'll get one given time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    A few years ago the sixth form head at my school had to come in the day before, when the schools receive all the results. Her daughter (who was in year 13 that year) then overheard her on the phone to the headteacher saying that everyone had got their uni places. And so everyone knew that nothing bad had happened. Bribing your teacher is the way to go....
    The schools get the results on the same day now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    The schools get the results on the same day now.
    My teachers had mine the day before in January o.O

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.