how possible is it to get uni's to tell you if your in, b4 results day?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
clare_m
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ive heard that uni's get our A-level results a week before results day. what bribes could i give to my prospective uni to indulge this information? have i no chance on earth?
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no chance on earth
clare_m
Rep:
?
WRONG ANSWER!!
clare_m
Rep:
?
OK OK, i get the point...i'll still live in my own deluded hopes though!
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A few years ago the sixth form head at my school had to come in the day before, when the schools receive all the results. Her daughter (who was in year 13 that year) then overheard her on the phone to the headteacher saying that everyone had got their uni places. And so everyone knew that nothing bad had happened. Bribing your teacher is the way to go....
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
No chance on earth - any uni that gives out that sort of information risks losing advance access to results - which will put them a LONG way behind other unis and give them a LOT of bad publicity.
What about the unis that 'accidently' send our letters of acceptance to people whove got in before results day?
Jump
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thenarbisbanned)
What about the unis that 'accidently' send our letters of acceptance to people whove got in before results day?
I'd love to be one of those people!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The way the postal service is at the moment - even if they were sent out on the monday it's unlikely they'd arrive before the thursday

And there is now a restriction set down by UCAS that letters can't be posted before Wednesday....so in theory it shouldn't still be happening.
So we wont get one of those letters until long after results day?
clare_m
Rep:
?
if sent out on monday, second class takes 2-3 days. therefore likely to get there on thursday
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can you find out your results on the ucas website on the day? Its just that i'm sure a teacher said you could?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The results aren't on there but if you've been accepted to your uni then that should show - however the UCAS tracker will be frozen/taken offline for the week before the results and is only officially supposed to come online again at midday on the results day.
According to a letter i recieved from ucas today the tracker will be online all the time and on results day you will be able to see if you have been accepted
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
According to a letter i recieved from ucas today the tracker will be online all the time and on results day you will be able to see if you have been accepted
Yeah I got that letter as well :cool:
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
Yeah I got that letter as well :cool:

Last year i was on the UCAS tracker site from 00:01 last year on the 14th and nothing was updated for me until after 12:00pm.
clare_m
Rep:
?
what letter, i havent had a letter? I WANT A LETTER!!
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clare_m)
ive heard that uni's get our A-level results a week before results day. what bribes could i give to my prospective uni to indulge this information? have i no chance on earth?
How much cash have you?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clare_m)
what letter, i havent had a letter? I WANT A LETTER!!
I'm sure u'll get one given time :eek:
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
A few years ago the sixth form head at my school had to come in the day before, when the schools receive all the results. Her daughter (who was in year 13 that year) then overheard her on the phone to the headteacher saying that everyone had got their uni places. And so everyone knew that nothing bad had happened. Bribing your teacher is the way to go....
The schools get the results on the same day now.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by RxB)
The schools get the results on the same day now.
My teachers had mine the day before in January o.O
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (63)
27.75%
Less motivated (164)
72.25%

Watched Threads