The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Primary PGCE Coleraine 2017-18

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Wow Tuesday that's crazy!! I don't get their system at all 😕 Maybe done by surname or something? I did my storytelling 9th Dec & haven't heard x
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by cmca86
Wow Tuesday that's crazy!! I don't get their system at all 😕 Maybe done by surname or something? I did my storytelling 9th Dec & haven't heard x

Im somewaht relieved to hear that!
Hi all, I also had my story telling at the beginning of December. Thinking now that I must not have got through seeing that some of you have got interview dates 😞. My thinking is that all successful would receive emails on the same day?? Such a torturous process!!
Reply 83
No def not want2teach!! Last year there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to interviews. Some people did the 1st stage start of Dec, 2nd stage end of Feb. Some people did 1st stage start of Dec, 2nd stage very end of March/April. Some people did 1st stage end of Feb, 2nd stage middle of March. Don't give up hope 😊
Thanks cmca86! It's so frustrating! I'm a 'mature student' 🤔 With 2 young kids so no option of going across the water... I didn't come out buzzing from the story telling! Felt I was out so quickly and they give nothing away! Not even a smile 😕. Just want to know one way or another and although I know unlikely I will get in on my 1st year of applying, I at least want to get to the interview stage. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the positive reinforcement!! 👍
Reply 85
Yes I'm the same as you, I'm 30 & my kids are aged 6 & 3. Otherwise I'd be applying in England as it's far easier to get in there & I could do long distance with my husband, we coped when I was at uni in England. But sure. Good luck, hope we hear soon 😊
Reply 86
Hey guys im in same position 36 with 2 children so cant go accriss water..i also wasnt sure after storytelling and wasnt holding out hope as also 1st time applying. So big shock to get interview... I dont think they have told everyone yet i think they will do it in groups again. Dont give up hope yet.
Yep I'm 35 with a 6 & 3 yr old also! It is so frustrating that this is our only option and a lotto really! Fingers crossed but my gut when I left story telling was that it hadn't gone as I'd hoped. The story itself was fine but it seemed over soooo quick. It is easier telling story's to a class of kids. Keeping everything crossed! Good luck guys!
Reply 88
Congrats to all of you guys, I havent received an email I had my story telling on the 13th of Feb. Slightly loosing hope. I wish the system was more transparent with regards to the status of your application.
Panic over! Interview 20th march 😀
Reply 90
Well done! I've still not heard & I've been waiting since 9th DECEMBER! 🙄
Reply 91
Original post by Want2teach
Panic over! Interview 20th march 😀

When did you hear?
Just a couple of hour ago..
Reply 93
Hi guys,

I emailed the university everyone should have an update within the next week :smile: best of luck everyone :smile:
Reply 94
Just got an email to say I didn't get through to the next stage. I got through to the 2nd stage last year. I just don't know what they are looking for!!!! Starting to think I need to get a new career plan, can't keep putting my life on hold for this. Best of luck everyone though!
Reply 95
Got not one but two lovely 'Dear applicant' emails this afternoon confirming my rejection. I know it's sour grapes but they really aren't the friendliest bunch I've encountered in this process!

Got a place at Durham but had my heart set on Coleraine.

All the best to those that got interviews.
Hey guys! Just got my unsuccessful email also.. Gutted but best of luck to all of you who got interviews!!
Sorry guys to see this. It really is a tough process! Don't let it deter you from your ambitions, easier said I know...... it just seems a lotto in coleraine.
Reply 98
I think I just don't know what they want, so I can't improve in any way, so if I can't improve, why would I keep applying? Maybe I'm just on the wrong career path?!
Original post by cmca86
I think I just don't know what they want, so I can't improve in any way, so if I can't improve, why would I keep applying? Maybe I'm just on the wrong career path?!

What is your current job? If you have applied twice already you obviously really want to teach? If you are in a job you enjoy at the minute you have nothing to lose by giving it another go?! Sooooo annoying not to have another option of across the water!

Quick Reply

Latest