The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Just to pipe up with my opinion, I think the teaching is reasonably decent really, so long as you don't think it'll be like school. You won't understand everything, and will have to do work outside of lectures, but tutorials are good for help and the lecturers are mostly very good. There was a horrible lecturer last year for Algebra in the second term, but he's gone, so you can celebrate! Basically, the only people I know who had problems are the ones who either missed loads of lectures, didn't do the homework, didn't do practice questions, or a combination of the former. It's not massively hard, though there are a couple of tough bits.

The social aspect is good. There's something for everyone. I don't really club, as such, and I had a great time, though for people who like to there's plenty there to sink your teeth into. There's something for everyone. I know people say that a lot, but there really is, whether you like to dress up in chain mail and kill "dragons", or want to get hammered, or want a nice game of chess, or even just to go to the cinema, you'll be catered for.

OK, second year Modules:

Complex Analysis
Linear Algebra
Analysis in Many Variables
Algebra and Number Theory
Probability and Geometric Topology
Mathematical Physics
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Go to the cinema? There's a decent cinema in Durham?! First I heard of it. :wink:
Reply 22
I think the Gala is cosy
Reply 23
Cosy like a living room with a small TV.
Reply 24
Yeah, homely cosy.
Reply 25
Christo
Did you do any III/IV modules in your 3rd year? If so, were they much tougher than the regular III ones?

Yeah, I did geometry and elliptic functions in 3rd year and I thought they were both definately harder than the other 3rd year modules. In my 4th year they changed everything around though so loads of modules became 3/4, I'm not sure there is much difference now

Jenny

Latest

Trending

Trending