KCL
:s-smilie:

Wow! Great choices!
What are your stats?
Original post by Kantth1
Wow! Great choices!
What are your stats?

i'm worried that i've chosen too competitive unis haha :s-smilie:

GCSES: 9A*'S 2A'S (in english lang and lit)
AS: 5 A's (biol chem maths further maths physics)
Predicted: 3 A*'s 1A (dropped fm)
UKCAT: 720 avg, sjt band 1

wbu?
Original post by pandasandpens
i'm worried that i've chosen too competitive unis haha :s-smilie:

GCSES: 9A*'S 2A'S (in english lang and lit)
AS: 5 A's (biol chem maths further maths physics)
Predicted: 3 A*'s 1A (dropped fm)
UKCAT: 720 avg, sjt band 1

wbu?

Definitely not as great as yours :wink: but good enough to get me some interviews:biggrin:
GCSE: 7A* 2A 1B 1C (B in eng lit and C in spanish so no big deal)
AS: 5 A's too! (bio, chem, maths, economics and punjabi)
Predicted:3 A*'s too! and I'm predicted an A* for my EPQ :smile:
UKCAT: 663 band 2

Finally good luck on the bmat!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kantth1
Definitely not as great as yours :wink: but good enough to get me some interviews:biggrin:
GCSE: 7A* 2A 1B 1C (B in eng lit and C in spanish so no big deal)
AS: 5 A's too! (bio, chem, maths, economics and punjabi)
Predicted:3 A*'s too! and I'm predicted an A* for my EPQ :smile:
UKCAT: 663 band 2

Finally good luck on the bmat!!

Haha thanks!!
U're stats are definitely good enough for interviews :biggrin: The wait is too longggg
Original post by pandasandpens
Haha thanks!!
U're stats are definitely good enough for interviews :biggrin: The wait is too longggg

Thanks!! Ikr:redface:
wanting to do an ethical medical based EPQ next year, but looking for ideas already :smile:
Original post by elish2chambers
I'm looking at doing a medically based EPQ as well. I'm applying for medicine at uni this year and I'm hoping that it will prove useful at interview. Gene therapy seems like a good area but I know it is quite a common topic so if you were looking for something more unique maybe steer clear. However with it being common there's loads of resources available which I'm sure will prove useful later down the line.

I'm currently stuck with choosing between a more ethically based or more scientific EPQ. I was thinking about focusing more on ethics to balance out the science-based subjects I study at a level already.

I did a lot of work experience on a neonatal ward in a hospital so I was hoping to relate my EPQ to this area if possible. I was thinking something about the long-term effects of mechanical ventilation or if I went down a more ethical route to explore the idea of resuscitation/prolonging neonatal care around the 'borderline of viability'.

Anyone got any ideas around aspects of neonatal medicine that may prove interesting in an EPQ?

The Charlie Gard case may be interesting and related to neonatal medicine? Who should make the final decision regarding a terminally ill baby's life?
Original post by The Sikh Surgeon
Thanks!! Ikr:redface:

How did it go mate?
How did what go? the EPQ or interviews?
How did what go? the EPQ or interviews?

everything lol
I quit EPQ so didn't finish that... but I still got to use it at interview :colone:

Got 4 interviews
Withdrew from Liverpool
Got 3 offers from Manchester, Leicester and HYMS

Currently studying medicine at Manchester and it's absolutely great! :biggrin:
I quit EPQ so didn't finish that... but I still got to use it at interview :colone:

Got 4 interviews
Withdrew from Liverpool
Got 3 offers from Manchester, Leicester and HYMS

Currently studying medicine at Manchester and it's absolutely great! :biggrin:

Thats sick man congrats :smile: I've been considering an EPQ for Medicine that's how I found this thread
Thanks! Ah right nice... My brother did one on euthanasia and got an A*. Try to do something you can write quite a lot about and make sure it's fun... mine was really boring :colonhash:
Thanks! Ah right nice... My brother did one on euthanasia and got an A*. Try to do something you can write quite a lot about and make sure it's fun... mine was really boring :colonhash:

Thanks man :smile: Yeah I'm not to sure yet tbh
Reply 35
I am considering doing my EPQ on

The Effects of mental health issues and the strain this places on emergency doctors in A and E Departments
does anyone have any ideas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending