The Student Room Group

I'm going to look stupid in a dress :(

Hi!
So basically I have a lot of events and parties coming up which involve me wearing dresses and forth (not to mention prom) and I know I'm going to look so stupid in a dress

I've always been a tomboy and haven't worn a dress since I was 10, but I really want to look nice and for once not be an outcast in jeans or something scruffy. If i had to choose I would always go for a shorter dress as I think they just fit me better.
Also for prom I know the fashion is long dresses but as I'm really small and short I think I will look twice as stupid.

Finally I don't wear or own any makeup and eventhough this really doesn't bother me that much I know that it's seen as weird in my school so I was wondering whether there are other Yr11 girls who don't wear makeup!

Thanks! :smile:
(P.S. Don't worry I'm spending a lot of time revising and not worrying about prom- education is my priority!)
On the occasion that girls who wouldn't usually have to wearing dresses, especially if she has been 'one of the boys', I have been pleasantly surprised at just how attractive they have looked, despite their obvious discomfort. You might feel awkward but I'm sure you'll look great.
Reply 3
Original post by Athematica
On the occasion that girls who wouldn't usually have to wearing dresses, especially if she has been 'one of the boys', I have been pleasantly surprised at just how attractive they have looked, despite their obvious discomfort. You might feel awkward but I'm sure you'll look great.

Thank you!!
That's really makes me feel better!
I'm just thinking that I'll just go with the flow- I'll hang around with my friends and just take it in my stride

Thanks again!!

Quick Reply

Latest