Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Deferring a year Watch

    • Thread Starter


    So i broke my ankle over the summer, and now struggling to get into Uni (live 25 miles away from uni and unable to drive and having to rely on lifts etc to get in. Cannot relocate closer as I have offspring with local schools etc.) I am still in a cast and prognosis is unknown but likely to have to rehab for many months.

    I have already missed 3 days of uni and have no idea how many more I will miss. I know that I have a lot of pressure on me about attending and 'fitness to work' due to it being an NHS course.

    I am wondering about deferring for a year, is this easy? should I do it? I cant see any other viable solution?! No decision will be confirmed until after I see the doctors on Thursday but wondering how you get the ball rolling if I am to defer for a year?

    Have you spoken to the Uni? Not sure how it works in these medical situations. Deferring shouldn't be an issue, but they might ask about what you would do after you've recovered (work experience etc.)
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.