This men's ive not got the job doesn't it

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I had a rather awkward interview where I didn't say anything like as much as I should have. My knowledge is good but I fell to pieces in the interview.

At the end the woman said ' there are 5 positions we are hiring for, we are interviewing tomorrow too so you will hear our decision on Tuesday'. I got the feeling she had decided she wasn't going to take me on because she had a definite day I would hear back. It's for a council job.

She asked me where I live and if there's any team I oarticularly want to work at which I felt were good signs but overall I felt the interview went badly and I failed to impress. Is the Tuesday thing a bad sign? Very nervous candidate here!

ReputationRep:
    You're over-thinking things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mezza362)
    I had a rather awkward interview where I didn't say anything like as much as I should have. My knowledge is good but I fell to pieces in the interview.

At the end the woman said ' there are 5 positions we are hiring for, we are interviewing tomorrow too so you will hear our decision on Tuesday'. I got the feeling she had decided she wasn't going to take me on because she had a definite day I would hear back. It's for a council job.

She asked me where I live and if there's any team I oarticularly want to work at which I felt were good signs but overall I felt the interview went badly and I failed to impress. Is the Tuesday thing a bad sign? Very nervous candidate here!
    You're overthinking it. She wants to see every candidate before she makes a firm decision so she is in a good place to pick the best candidate. She wants the new hire to be working ASAP, hence you'll hear back on Tuesday. They have deadlines to meet.
    If I was hiring you and you were that bad during the interview, I wouldn't have bothered asking what team you want to work at. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well they never called me after all. I've definetly not got the job :-( been waiting anxiously all day.

I'm never normally like this but I wanted this job so so much. It's amazing job and I could barely believe I got an interview and I feek I blew it :-(

Will have to wait until they bother to let me know I wasnnt successful. If they ever do! I expected better as this is a council for a major city

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry if you don't get this job ; the fact that you got an interview suggests your CV is impressive. Just keep applying for more jobs and get more interviews and you'll get something sooner or later good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :-)

I'm pleased I got the interviews but so disappointed with myself. Deep down I knee this job was out of my reach really die to my experience but I should have given it my best shot and not let my nerves affect me so much.

I just need to know I didn't get it now so I can get over the disappointment and start looking again. The waiting is making me so anxious!

ReputationRep:
    They called. I didn't get the job. Absolutely gutted. Now to move on with my search.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.