Reporting Discarded Needles

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I've found two discarded needle today both with caps on them, the size that'd normally be for drawing up not injecting, so not especially high risk. I found two last week so maybe it's just I've started noticing but there seems to be an increase going on where I live which the council should be told about. I reported both last week and the council came and removed them but this is starting to feel silly.

Would you keep reporting them even if they have caps on them?

ReputationRep:
    I would. You never know who could get hold of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    I've found two discarded needle today both with caps on them, the size that'd normally be for drawing up not injecting, so not especially high risk. I found two last week so maybe it's just I've started noticing but there seems to be an increase going on where I live which the council should be told about. I reported both last week and the council came and removed them but this is starting to feel silly.

Would you keep reporting them even if they have caps on them?
    Nothing silly about it at all.

You are being a responsible and diligent citizen and the council will thank you for it.

Better you report them so that they can be made safe swiftly. The consequences of not reporting could easily be a child picking them up with a less than happy outcome.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks. Have reported them and will keep doing it, even if it makes me feel kind of like some odd needle hunter :lol:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.