Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stomach Problems watch

Announcements

[QUOTE=Nik P] multiply your weight by 0.66 to get the amount of water in ounces you should drink...

Your weight in what? Stone? Pounds? Kilograms?

ReputationRep:
    get a good book, jokes, had to be said! drink water and go to the gp

ReputationRep:
    Do the lemon juice thing that has already been advised. It really does work...It works for me all the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    lol, ok just checking! have you eaten anything bad, are you allergic??
    it doesnt sound like an everyday stomach thing to me

EDIT: drink!!!!! dilute some lemon juice. it neutalises anything in your stomach

Better to use milk in that instance. Stressed out/ eaten too much /been hit in that area, sleeping on your back / sitting about / infection? If the area is tender and youre vomiting, youll be having an appendicitus. Go to the docs anyways to clear things up, theyll be much better than a few sweet nobodys who dont know you at all and since cannot diagnose you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McGeadie)
    Better to use milk in that instance. Stressed out/ eaten too much /been hit in that area, sleeping on your back / sitting about / infection? If the area is tender and youre vomiting, youll be having an appendicitus. Go to the docs anyways to clear things up, theyll be much better than a few sweet nobodys who dont know you at all and since cannot diagnose you.
    I would be wary before handing out a diagnosis of appendicitis over the internet, especially seeing as her symptoms are really not related to it.

ReputationRep:
    That was the point of my post though, to show that we CANNOT play doctors and nurses on the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pushupbra)
    I apologise for having to bring this up but what should one do after having had TERRIBLE stomach pain and being forced to go to the loo and having no control..ie felt like EVERYTHING was emptied although BIO people can probably say that that was not the case. What should one do? Drink, eat?
    drink some warm milk

ReputationRep:
    Just drink lots of water, you will probably feel better tomorrow. Make sure there is no blood in the toilet after you have done your business though....if there is, it could be a stomach ulcer, although fairly unlikely.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.