Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    Although my GP gave me a brief medical history printout, he did not give me a letter for the compelling personal reasons because of something sort of consent reason. He said something to the effect that I send my cover letter and the other evidence I can gain from my uni and send it off to student finance. Then, apparently, student finance sends him a form with which he can write out the details of my situation at the point of my study break.

    Is that really the case? Or should I go back *for more questions?*
    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi there.

    If this is to apply for 'Compelling Personal Reasons' then a letter prepared manually by the Doctor or the University which clearly details the reasons you have any breaks in study will suffice.

    There is no official form the GP has to fill in.

Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.