Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

covering scars from cutting Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the best way of covering scars from cutting?

ReputationRep:
    Long sleeves. Cardigans, sweaters, etc. Kimonos are good, but trying to find a plain one is a bit of a buggar. I have a few oversized blouses that I sometimes wear as light jackets.

Sad, but it's true. Long sleeves are the best, imo. Bandages are okay, but people tend to stare.

I found that people asked me less questions when I went without sleeves than they did when I had to wear a bandage for a week. I couldn't wear sleeves last week because it was too hot and I didn't feel like passing out in the middle of college from being too hot. Luckily the weather is on the turn now and I can wear long sleeves without overheating.

Of course, my experience could be down to the fact I'm surrounded by actual adults all day, rather than immature school leavers.

ReputationRep:
    If old enough, tattoos are a popular way of covering them up and act as a deterrent for most people as well.

ReputationRep:
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    do you still cut now get help

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.