Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah, between tv and films theres not much poiitn for sex ed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    But films and tv can be morally ambiguous, not telling the child what is right and wrong.

ReputationRep:
    good point! I wouldn't know how relistic it is though on tv

ReputationRep:
    good point! I wouldn't know how relistic it is though on tv
    Well, it is not the realism of the sex, just the morality surrounding it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. The one and only lesson we had was in year 10 when everyone put condoms on bananas although I missed it because I has a clarinet lesson. I don't think it matters when people get sex education because I can't think of anyone who learnt everything about sex and decided their moral viewpoint from what they were taught at school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    I agree. The one and only lesson we had was in year 10 when everyone put condoms on bananas although I missed it because I has a clarinet lesson. I don't think it matters when people get sex education because I can't think of anyone who learnt everything about sex and decided their moral viewpoint from what they were taught at school!
    Well, at some schools you never even got it, especially church run schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, at some schools you never even got it, especially church run schools.
    Do you think it's really necessary though? I'd say from my experience most people knew the basics from playground talk by about the age of 8. Then people knew about protection and prevention by the age of 12 from TV and particularly magazines. This was way before the majority started to even contemplate sex.

ReputationRep:
    when i was going to have it my teacher said something like: "you know a lot about this already and therefore we are not going to talk about it that much. ask if you have any questions." the problem with this teacher is that she didn't want to talk about it, and i think that is bad for those who really wanted to know something. this was when i was 14-15 but we actually had a teacher who brought it up when we were 12 as well, he thought it was important for us know know about it. however i remeber that i just thought it was awkward, was too young.

i think that it is good that they have sex eduaction in schools if they do it the right way it can be very informative.

ReputationRep:
    Our first lesson was in year 4... But I knew what the video was telling me anyway.

It was a weird video involving two kids telling an alien robot the ins and outs of human reproduction... Very odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I remember the period and puberty talk in yr 6. And the naked video!
    That the one with Antoine de Caunes hosting ... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    That the one with Antoine de Caunes hosting ... ?
    isn't that eurotrash. personally never done sex ed. french schools don't do it pity would have been a good waste of a few hours

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.