Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is anyone here constantly worrying about not having as much fun as they should be while we are young. I mean im 21 and most of what I class as fun is listening to my mp3, keeping fit ie gym and daydreaming. Im shy so am not keen on clubbing but am I missing out on anything, how could I make life more fun? Do any of you wonder this about yourselves and worry that you should be having more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Playing hide and seek in the dark is awesome, or tig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    Is it just me or is anyone here constantly worrying about not having as much fun as they should be while we are young. I mean im 21 and most of what I class as fun is listening to my mp3, keeping fit ie gym and daydreaming. Im shy so am not keen on clubbing but am I missing out on anything, how could I make life more fun? Do any of you wonder this about yourselves and worry that you should be having more fun.
    nop, i am similar - some people just try too hard - just go with the flow and do what interests you most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ......?)
    Playing hide and seek in the dark is awesome, or tig.
    Used to do that down my road, it ends in a cul de sac, with the local kids. I was about 10 years old, though...

ReputationRep:
    i merely endure it hoping it wil m get better in time although i do not wallow in it, as i merely block everthing else out appart from the present . i am aware that it is down to yourself to change things so therefore i try take full responsibilty for wheren i am and what i've become.

i would worry as little as possible, there are so many people in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    well as long as you find something fun, it doesn't matter if it's what's conventionally regarded as fun. It's up to what you personally enjoy, not anyone else.

But if you want more ideas to try, you could take up a new hobby, join a club or society about something that interests you, try a new sport etc. Or you could just hang out with your friends chatting and drinking beer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negated enigma)
    i merely endure it hoping it wil m get better in time although i do not wallow in it, as i merely block everthing else out appart from the present . i am aware that it is down to yourself to change things so therefore i try take full responsibilty for wheren i am and what i've become.
    argh
    rather depressing innit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by space_aura)
    argh
    rather depressing innit?
    when i describe it for what it is yes.

ReputationRep:
    I know! Its gets me thinking aswell, everyones got us youngsters stereotyped as crazy piss heads who like to be mad, but im seriously not like that. And I hate it soooo much when I have to force myself to be like that just to try and have fun.

ReputationRep:
    One must chose in life between boredom and suffering.

ReputationRep:
    Go with your instincts, as long as your happy and enjoying life. But every now and then its nice to try something new: but it can be anything from going to a concert, to travelling or doing adventurousy stuff, like high ropes course.
    Don't think about what you haven't done, think about what you can do, "the world is your oyster" stop thinking and start doing then you'll be happy.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.