The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Aplin
Hello I have just finished MY AS levels and am thinking hard about University come 2006.

I was wondering what the most respected business qualification is at the moment and what I need to apply. Please help if possible...
Marc

you mean masters..etc or what? or just what course?
Reply 2
The most valuable qualifications for business are experience and versatility. If you choose to do a degree, do one which will enable you to go into a variety of business situations and pick up valuable skills, e.g. economics or management, rather than a specific degree which may confine your options, e.g. accountancy or marketing ( unless u really want to go into this.) However, employers generally will accept any degree as long as it his highly classed, e.g 2.1, or 1st class, as they appreciate the skills you have picked up and are willing to train you up from there. You may also want to consider doing a 4 year degree with a years placement to gain valuable experience to put down on your C.V. and get a foot in the door, or go onto do a masters degree to differentiate yourself from other prospective graduades seeking employment.
Thats just the options i personally considered, and i have decided upon Economics as Exeter with hopefully a masters degree after. The choice is up to you but remember that to go to university you should feel that it will benefit you and make you more employable in the long term.

*cue bitchy comments from people who disagree... :cool:
Reply 3
agreed, go for main subjects - its always safe and more well respected than a combination of things - ie straight business or straight economics are very highly reputated
Reply 4
Well I was thinking of doing Straight Business Studies at Bournemouth university... I thought that would be pretty cool :smile: and open up my future prospects....

Any way I do want to go on to do management and maybe higher then that some day.

thanks for the advice :smile: Masters Degree sounds so posh :biggrin:
Reply 5
TheWolf
agreed, go for main subjects - its always safe and more well respected than a combination of things - ie straight business or straight economics are very highly reputated

What do you think about International Business and Economics or International Business, Finance and Economics?
Reply 6
Well i am hopin to go to RHUL to do finanicial and business economics (abb).

Given that it has the same entry requirements as the straight economics course i should imagine that its not too far behind (straight eco) in terms of being a reputable degree.

Latest

Trending

Trending