Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've made a major error by not applying/didnt continue from first year for my tuition fees. As it stands I have zero support funding the £9000 fees, however my maintenance loan is already approved and in set. I have sent off by first class post the tuition loan form in hope that it can go through fast as it is 100% needed to pay for the uni fees.

I am studying my 2nd year at the University of Hull and I have to register, however the final step of the registration requires to enter the debit/credit card details of the tuition fee account. I do not know what to do as term is starting very soon and I need to register but I am wary of the fact that they may try and take out the first half (£4500) from my bank account when it does not exist. Shall I continue registering or wait?

Any advice/help appreciated
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epson661)
    I've made a major error by not applying/didnt continue from first year for my tuition fees. As it stands I have zero support funding the £9000 fees, however my maintenance loan is already approved and in set. I have sent off by first class post the tuition loan form in hope that it can go through fast as it is 100% needed to pay for the uni fees.

I am studying my 2nd year at the University of Hull and I have to register, however the final step of the registration requires to enter the debit/credit card details of the tuition fee account. I do not know what to do as term is starting very soon and I need to register but I am wary of the fact that they may try and take out the first half (£4500) from my bank account when it does not exist. Shall I continue registering or wait?

Any advice/help appreciated
    Talk to the finance team at your university and explain that you've applied late for a tuition loan. They'll be able to explain what you need to do to register without risking being charged for your tuition fees up front.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.