Not getting it... Watch

ab452
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yep folks, another quick question...

If you don't meet the grades to your firm and they can't offer you anything else are you fully obliged to your insurance or do you have to be released before you can dive straight into clearing?

All help appreciated, thanks in advance!
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Err... you are fully obliged to your insurance, unless you ask to be released, at which point you can dive straight into clearing.

Edit: that is, if they release you. They might not, but most don't seem to kick up any fuss about it.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You have to be released first. If you are sure you don't want to go to your insurance, get released now, or you'll miss the better offers in clearing.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you miss the grades for your firm and they reject you, but either you meet the grades for your insurance or they accept you anyway, you have to go there unless they agree to release you. They usually do because they don't want a student who doesn't want to be there when they could give the place to someone who does, but they will be very busy on results day and it won't be their priority, so it could take ages. As Dionysus said, if you're sure you don't want to go to your insurance whatever happens, ask them to release you now because good Clearing places get taken up quickly and you don't want to miss out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads