Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone do D of E? Help please! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right forum but anyway....

For the physical recreation section, does going to the gym count?

And if not, is it possible to make up that you did a sport? I mean, do you have to write in the details of the 'leader' or whatever? I wouldn't do this but i'm just wondering if it's possible as a very last resort.

Please don't give me a hard time over this! I would take up a sport, but I have a lot of commitments in preparation for applying for medicine as well as my A levels, and I spend money on the gym so I kind of have to go there. Besides which I HATE organised team sports because I get too competitive and, well....no one likes me when I get like that.

Any help would be great!

ReputationRep:
    from what I remember, you have to get a book signed by an instructor/supervisor, so I would guess that gym time would be out of the question and that you'll have to take part in some organised sport. I do know people who just got a sports teacher they were friends with to sign them off.

ReputationRep:
    easy: you can get a trainer at the gym to sign off your book and stuff: some gyms will run a personal training program where they reccomend specific excercises for you to do and record your progress. Depends where you go. I know you said you have a lot of commitments but you still shouldn't make up that you did a sport. It doesn't qualify you for the award. At least go to gym then make up some hours if you need to.

which level are you doing anyway? You've got till you're 25, so there's no point panicking over getting it all completed now.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Just make it up, I did. You could just tell the gym guys you'll subscribe to the gym if they sign it for you

ReputationRep:
    Don't make up stuff. If you don't have the time and committment to do it, there's not much point doing D of E.

You can do gym work - just sign up for your local gym, and ask one of the personal trainers or someone nice who works there to just 'watch' you while you work out, and they can sign your book. Or you can do like a class at your gym if it offers it - my gym offers spinning classes, yoga, pilates, football, boxing, running classes and so on. If you do a class, the instructor will definitely be able to sign your book.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, making it up kind of defeats the whole point of doing the award really. I'm pretty sure you can fix something up at school even; you're not in compulsory education so any sports you do at school should be able to be counted towards the award Check this with the award leader though, because I'm not sure on this.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you just get the instructor in the gym to sign the book - easy peasy..

Things like swimming can be included too (just ask the lifeguard! )

I think i used swimming...

ReputationRep:
    Great ideas guys, thanks! I'm already signed up to the gym and the personal trainers there are really friendly and always bored so I'll just ask one of them! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, probably not a good idea to make it up. How are you getting on with the other parts i.e. service, and the other one ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not a good idea to make it up. What level are you doing?
    They sometimes do random checks (as happened to my friend who didn't cheat...just proof that they do spot checks) and go to each of your assigned sections to check how you did/whether the person was qualified to sign you off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    you just get the instructor in the gym to sign the book - easy peasy..

Things like swimming can be included too (just ask the lifeguard! )

I think i used swimming...
    Yum, Life guards!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    hehe - i used to be a lifeguard too - i could have just signed my own off

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.