The Student Room Group

Introvert Freshers Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I moved in yesterday (Saturday) and didn't do too well socially. Just said hi to a few of my flatmates, but not much else. I couldn't bring myself to go to the little party they had outside for new arrivals. I thought I was a lot better than this, but apparently not. But I've figured there's still loads of time, and so far it's not like I've met or spoken to someone like me who hasn't gone partying/clubbing/drinking or even someone on the same course. Plus I still have some flatmates to meet (I think) and there's at least one person in their room, so I'm not the only one having a night in from what I can tell.

No point getting hung up on it or forcing myself into uncomfortable situations when it's so early. It isn't like I can fake enjoying parties etc. for the rest of the year. I hate acting too haha!
Original post by Steampunk_Kitty
Yeah, I moved in yesterday (Saturday) and didn't do too well socially. Just said hi to a few of my flatmates, but not much else. I couldn't bring myself to go to the little party they had outside for new arrivals. I thought I was a lot better than this, but apparently not. But I've figured there's still loads of time, and so far it's not like I've met or spoken to someone like me who hasn't gone partying/clubbing/drinking or even someone on the same course. Plus I still have some flatmates to meet (I think) and there's at least one person in their room, so I'm not the only one having a night in from what I can tell.

No point getting hung up on it or forcing myself into uncomfortable situations when it's so early. It isn't like I can fake enjoying parties etc. for the rest of the year. I hate acting too haha!

Do you go to Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackdiamond97
Do you go to Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :smile:.
Yep :smile:.

How are you doing today, is it any better? Uni park or jubilee?
How are you doing today, is it any better? Uni park or jubilee?

I'm not too bad, thanks for asking. Just chilling in my room mostly, but I did go put my stuff in the kitchen. It's kinda nice, and quite a lot of people seem to be doing the same to be honest. My course lectures etc. are at uni park, but my accommodation is closer to jubilee.
I'm not too bad, thanks for asking. Just chilling in my room mostly, but I did go put my stuff in the kitchen. It's kinda nice, and quite a lot of people seem to be doing the same to be honest. My course lectures etc. are at uni park, but my accommodation is closer to jubilee.

Oh so you're living out?
Im extrovert lol but I wont be going freshers either because ngl I dont like the idea of drinkig and getting drunk because I see my health as more of a priority than entertainment :tongue:
Also every single of their events starts at midnight till 4AM and all of them are clubbing drinking etc etc :eek: Trust a london uni to do that :tongue:

Sad thing is that I didnt move out so probably bu the time I start uni they probs made their cliques :redface: So its gunna be hard to slide into one lol.
An introvert here in Spain can have it really difficult I think. We don't have societies or anything like that. We don't have common activities more than the classes themselves and the party (clubbing and drinking almost to death) is one of the sports we're better at, so you'd better not to tell them you don't like it.
Besides, I have my uni 15 minutes away by car so I'm at home and have no flatmates to meet :s-smilie:
I like the vibes, people will ask/talk to you if any of you need it, but they seem to be quite judging too.
Hopefully I'll find some nerd to hang out and chat peacefully with :h:
Oh so you're living out?

It's not private, but I wanted self catered and ensuite, and the only rooms left happened to be in the furthest accommodation (from uni park). It's St Peters Court if you're wondering haha.
It's not private, but I wanted self catered and ensuite, and the only rooms left happened to be in the furthest accommodation (from uni park). It's St Peters Court if you're wondering haha.

Oh right lol. Does the hopper bus travel there? I thought it was only between the two main campuses
Oh right lol. Does the hopper bus travel there? I thought it was only between the two main campuses

There's a free bus that goes to uni park, jubilee, and near the city centre / shops too, which is great!
There's a free bus that goes to uni park, jubilee, and near the city centre / shops too, which is great!

It goes to the city centre as well? That would have been useful to know yesterday. Is the social side going any better today?
It goes to the city centre as well? That would have been useful to know yesterday. Is the social side going any better today?

Yeah, pretty close. Are you at Nottingham too? And it's not been great, but I don't think anyone's made best friends yet or anything haha.
Yeah, pretty close. Are you at Nottingham too? And it's not been great, but I don't think anyone's made best friends yet or anything haha.

Yep, Jubliee campus :smile: Nah people have gone out with each other but no ones made firm friends yet. Maybe yo'll have better luck when you join societies and start your course, you'll probably meet more people there
Yep, Jubliee campus :smile: Nah people have gone out with each other but no ones made firm friends yet. Maybe yo'll have better luck when you join societies and start your course, you'll probably meet more people there

Ah cool! Yeah, I think it might be a bit easier after a while. How've you found it so far? :smile:
Ah cool! Yeah, I think it might be a bit easier after a while. How've you found it so far? :smile:

It's going better than I thought it would actually, I had such low expectations tbh. The problem is that most of the people I talked to is doing politics at uni park and so it's gonna be harder to spend time with them this week as they'd be over there quite often
I've been trying some of the society events and I would say to try and find a niche where the groups you do go out with aren't the type to try and pressure you into drinking. There will be something for everyone and there will be people just like you at the uni your at
why dont you go out and get smashed
Original post by corbynlover69
why dont you go out and get smashed

why dont you not go out and not get smashed

Quick Reply

Latest