Facebooking and all that Watch

Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Consie)
I signed up yesterday, talk about turning up late to the party. I never seen the attraction to the social networking thing, and still don’t. On Myspace the vast majority of things people say is 'hey, how are you?' or something completely mundane that does nothing to strengthen friendship/stimulate interest. Or they take personality quizzes to which the majority of answers are 'i don’t know' or 'erm....'.

I can see the convenience of being able to keep in touch with people you want to keep in touch with through it, but you can do that just as effectively (and seemingly more privately) via email or, better yet, ringing them up. I signed up and accidentally invited everyone I’ve ever emailed to be my friend, which I didn’t really want to do. If you have a few girls on the go at once it must be a nightmare. What exactly is the attraction?
If you're a lazy social-butterfly (as I am), it's bloody convenient.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
I generally dislike these websites. However i do use them for convenience in terms of sharing photos and keeping in touch with uni friends who often live a contintent (or two) away. Ive never understood how people can get hooked on them and the fairly regular complaint ive heard from various friends that they end up spending hours on facebook instead of working is something which is beyond my ken.
Likewise.
lynnxtoh
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
... dudes, what the ****? "fresh for the picking" . -cringes;
Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All forms of instant easy communication are ridiculously juvenile and are always fetishised to the nth degree by the vain and mentally inept.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads