The Student Room Group

why do people dislike clubbing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tanyapotter
i'm glad i have gained the perspective of people who don't like clubbing/drinking during freshers' week.
my second question is: what would you suggest i did with people who didn't want to go out during freshers'? is there any point in persuading them and trying to change their mind (i don't want to upset them or anything), or should i just find other people with similar interests?

the thing is, i don't want to miss out on getting to know these people because we could have ended up being great friends and i'd never know, but i'm scared i won't see much of them if they never go out and i never stay in

Flat parties. You will even be able to talk to them.
Original post by BobBobson
Can't really tell if this is satire, but I'll take the bait,

Good music is really subjective to start with.

most clubs have different areas playing different types of music...
this is coming from probably the biggest muse/arctic monkeys/nirvana fan on the planet: there's something for everyone

(unless the only music you listen to is classical)
Never found the fun in dancing I just look and feel awkward especially when the music in clubs is really not my thing. I also do not appreciate having creepy guys grind up on me and grabbing my arse. For me its just such a waste of money I would rather stay in and watch a movie with friends (if I had any lol).
that is just overcrowded most of the time hence why I like clubbing in VIP with the finest booze and a chauffeured car there and back
Original post by SuperHuman98
the aspect where you are just jumping up and down

You mean dancing?
Original post by Ounto Nation
It can get claustrophobic being crammed with sweaty people who can't dance and secondly are white because white people can't dance

And thirdly are drunk. Two bad combinations.

Sorry what :colone:
[video="youtube;b9WYj9jjYo4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9WYj9jjYo4[/video]
Because they're autismal pussios.

Btw I am literally teetotal and drug free due to my Islamic beliefs.
It's not dislike, but more so boredom. For me now the nights are just so repetitive when I go out clubbing. Sure getting ready is fun and the pres are good but when you get to the club it's the same old, especially if you always go to the same clubs again and again
I'm pretty sure MDMA is compulsory to enjoy clubbing,
It is overrated af. I don't see what is so fun about dancing with a bunch of strangers. It gets all hot and sweaty too.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's not dislike, but more so boredom. For me now the nights are just so repetitive when I go out clubbing. Sure getting ready is fun and the pres are good but when you get to the club it's the same old, especially if you always go to the same clubs again and again

yeah, i can definitely appreciate that
Some people can't dance, don't like to dance, or may find it embarrassing to do in in front of so many other people. Everyone has different interests and hobbies so yeah. :smile:
If there is anyone in the world who doesn't like loud, obnoxiously repetitive music thumping in the background while sweaty random's drunkenly grind against you, I cannot possibly imagine what they are thinking.
I have four problems with clubs:

1. The music is hardly a music. Club music that deserves this name ended in the 80ties, and it was already borderline. Now we have noise.

2. Even if the music would be proper, DJs are awfully incompetent. The music so loud that it's uncomfortable, may cause a tinnitus, and any music cannot be listened because all the audio is badly adjusted to the room, and volume level is too high, so so tones turn into sounds of undefined pitch.

3. I just don't like it, there is something unpleasant, inelegant and almost disgusting in most of them. And I'm an atheist and really don't mind other people's preferences. I just dislike certain places, sounds, voice modulation etc.

4. Even though I'm 26 I still look like 17 so always have a feeling that I don't fit to company that can be found out there. People of my apperance are too immature, and I look like a teenager in comparision to people of my age.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by tanyapotter
i can understand if people don't like to drink, whether it be a religious reason; health anxiety; expensiveness of alcohol; bad taste, etc. but why are there people who don't like clubbing? what is there not to like about dancing with friends to good music til the early hours of the morning??? i don't get it

1. You can get very annoying and horrible people in clubs
2. If you don't drink, it's not always fun to be around drunk people
3. It's expensive
4. If you don't drink, it's also quite hard to not get tired before 4am
5. The music is often very bad
6. Some people don't like busy places
7. Clubs tend to be quite grotty which you notice more when sober
8. Many people enjoy dancing less when sober as you've still got all your inhibitions
9. You can't have a good conversation, which many people prefer over dancing

So many reasons. I love clubbing but I also love drinking. I hate being in clubs when sober and can totally understand why both drinkers and non-drinkers sometimes don't like clubbing. Also I realise you can get clean, cheap clubs with good music but they're few and far between.
Reply 35
Original post by claireestelle
or being too close to people in confined spaces.

Lol, were you struggling being crammed in on a dinner table next to a guy slowly beheading tiny fish? :wink:
Club music is trash, most of the people there are trashy and the prices are crazy
House parties with limited numbers are far better
Original post by Reue
Lol, were you struggling being crammed in on a dinner table next to a guy slowly beheading tiny fish? :wink:

Crammed dinners isn't an issue :tongue:
you losers complaining about music cos they're not playing bach or whatever are making me SMH

that's good music
I personally hate it for the noise levels make it so damn uncomfortable and makes it hard to communicate..and the claustrophobic tendency of being crammed onto a platform or floor that is sticky and smelly. Not to mention the expense of drinks..namely bottled water. I'm aware of how old I sound but its not fun..and never has been. I'll keep to bars and pubs where noise levels are tolerable and people aren't all that bad. Dancing is optional and reasonable enough to get into without a top dollar to spend and queues to for getting in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending